Friday, January 05, 2007

Speaker Pelosi, In Full Glory.

Hey folks,

I know I said I wasn’t going to be in today. I didn’t think I would be, but you know, I’m addicted, so here I am. {Smile} The links on the bottom is from last night. All day today, on and in, every news outlet was all Pelosi, all the time. Even though I was not really working today, I could not help but catch all the buzz all day.

So what do I think about all this? Can I be honest? I KNOW I’m about to make some of you REALLY angry. But I am just simply being honest.

To Nancy Pelosi.

You ARE the first woman speaker. You have made history on Thursday, January 4, 2007. I know some are complaining about the MMD {Mass Media Drones, for those who need a little further help in understanding} making such a big deal over you, in contrast to nearly NO reporting on Dr. Condoleezza Rice becoming the first, not only woman, but first African-American woman, to become Secretary of State.


I understand that there are some that feel your "celebrating" is a little,,uh,,over the top. I understand that some, think you are just plain nuts. Some that you are now the new leader of the LWL. {Left Wing Looneys} A liar, A cheat, A thief.. One who speaks out both sides of their mouth.

I understand that there are MANY that do not believe anything you say when it comes to "bipartisanship." or as you said, "Partnership, not partisanship" But we, those with ANY kind of political knowledge, know that you will get NOTHING accomplished if you do NOT work with the Republicans. We, and you should also, know that you just simply do not have the votes to fulfill your agenda without them on board. Shutting out the Republicans for your first one hundred hours, might not be a good sign of bipartisanship. Just an FYI.

I understand that setting aside ALL your plans for a second, that your BIGGEST plan, is to get the White House in 2008. I understand that you will be the good little sheep , and do anything you can to see that this happens.

I understand that you are a Mother and a Grandmother. I saw the kids on your lap. REALLY CUTE KIDS. I mean that. You should be very proud. I understand that you say, you are all about family. All about the middle class. I understand that you may ACTUALLY truly believe that. But I and many others are doubtful that you have the intelligence to accomplish these things. So far, we REALLY haven’t heard a viable plan. You tell us what you WANT to do. The end result. But you fail to tell us HOW you are going to get there. That makes some of us nervous.

I have to say this. I did not vote for you. I do not agree with a lot of what you say. I really have my doubts as to your knowledge and understanding of things to make a difference. I see a train wreck coming. I TRULY hope I’m wrong.

But all these things set aside, I have to say this. Simply, Congratulations. I mean that whole heartily. You made history on Thursday. No matter what you do. All the good. All the bad. All the insane. What ever you do over the next two years, you are solidified in history. You are to be immortalized in history books, and will be taught about for years to come in our schools. Your name will never be forgotten. Simply because, like it or not, accept it or not, whatever anyone feels about you, you ARE the first woman in history to hold the Speakers Office. Congratulations again.

Oh, by the way, more friendly advice. This thing about you going around saying that you are the most important woman in the country? Or at least those many others, the MMD, that do it? You may want to keep an eye over your shoulder for another woman who thinks she is. Her name? Hillary Rodham Clinton. She doesn’t much like sharing power, or the spotlight. Just another FYI for ya..

Now I’m not ready to jump on the hate Pelosi bandwagon yet. Oh, make no mistake about it. I will most definitely call you on things that you may do that are ignorant, insane, or just plain wrong. But to this point, you REALLY haven’t given me a reason to reject you yet. As a matter of fact, I wrote this back on May 11, 2006.

"Now I can go with her on some of these. I would have voted the same way. Some are COMPLETELY outside the realm of intelligence. Just plain kooky. But I’m not pointing out each one. You decide. I can honestly say, I do not think she is a bad person, nor do I think she is completely nuts. She has a infinitesimal chance of being OK. (Smile)."

Please Speaker Pelosi, I’m giving you a fair chance here to make the country better, if you can. To keep us safe. If you possess the knowledge and courage of how to do so. Keep my money, as MY money. {No new taxes or tax increases} If you can control your own party. To keep your word. Partnership, not partisanship. Prove me wrong in thinking you are going to make the country worse. Justify my chance I’m offering you. Make your legacy more than just "The First Woman Speaker." Leave a legacy that will not only make you, but I and many others like me, undisputedly proud of what you accomplished. I know that it’s going to be tough. But if you want support from the country, you will have to start by cleaning up your own party.

Congratulations and good luck Madam Speaker. Do the right thing. Make this country better. What you and your party does in the next two years, will MOST DEFINITELY determine the White House in 08.

Sincerely Peter Carlock

You know what folks? I changed my mind. Forget about the day old links. It’s pointless for me to post them. One, I didn’t quote, refer, or even comment on any of them. Two, there is no need. Click on ANY news outlet, from you local paper {If they have a web site}, CNN, NYT, USA Today, Fox, Newsmax, ABC, CBS, whatever, I bet you they will have a story about Madam Speaker. Go check them out for yourself if you want.

See you all tomorrow.
Peter

1 comment:

Peter said...

Hey folks,

I have to apologize to the person who left a comment here. I have just been told that someone posted a comment under Anonymous. It was a comment that seemed they were not all that happy about my letter to Speaker Pelosi and not so happy with her at all.

Turns out that my Comment Checker, accidentally hit the “reject” button, instead of the “Publish” button therefore deleting the comment. My Comment Checker is now suspended for three days for failing to meet the high standards that I demand here at the OPN.

I sincerely apologize to the person that left the comment. Please feel free to leave another I will make sure it gets published. From what my currently suspended Comment Checker tells me, you feel that President Bush was doing a great job in protecting the country. You feel, again I’m sorry, and hate not being able to actually read your words, that now that Speaker Pelosi is now Speaker, our security and safty will be shot to hell. If that is the case, I agree with you.

She continues to preach bipartisanship and claims that the LWL will work with the President. Early indications seem to indicate the opposite. My letter is an extended hand in the hope she is truly trying to work together. Now if she become who I think she will, I have no problem in pointing out that we tried. Then she is free game.

Again Anonymous, please feel free to post another, or the exact same comment again I will make sure it’s published. I would love to read it for myself.
Peter