Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Pat Robertson, or God?

Hey folks,

I have a question. Now you all know by now I am faith based person. I believe in God. I believe in Jesus, the Word of God, and trying to do as it says. I believe that God DOES most definitely interact with us on a daily bases. Most of the time we do not see it, but sometimes there is NO other explanation. So when I say what I’m about to say, do not take it as "Christian Bashing." I just truly feel this way.

Pat Robertson has lost his mind. I do not get it. I use to watch the 700 club. I use to listen to things he said. I truly understand that God can and DOES have an effect on our lives. But do I think God is "TALKING" to Pat? No. I do not think he does either. I’ll tell you why in a second.

"In what has become an annual tradition of prognostications, religious broadcaster Pat Robertson said Tuesday God has told him that a terrorist attack on the United States would result in "mass killing" late in 2007.

"I'm not necessarily saying it's going to be nuclear," he said during his news-and-talk television show "The 700 Club" on the Christian Broadcasting Network. "The Lord didn't say nuclear. But I do believe it will be something like that."

Robertson said God told him during a recent prayer retreat that major cities and possibly millions of people will be affected by the attack, which should take place sometime after September."

OK so God told him there would be mass killing. Notice God didn’t say nuclear, but Pat believes "something like that."

"Robertson said God also told him that the U.S. only feigns friendship with Israel and that U.S. policies are pushing Israel toward "national suicide.""

So we a faking our friendship with Israel? Is THIS why we are going to be smote? I’m not sure. But I do not believe we are faking anything. Now the rest of the article goes on to talk about his predictions and his accuracy

Then the AP reports this,

"In May, Robertson said God told him that storms and possibly a tsunami were to crash into America's coastline in 2006. Even though the U.S. was not hit with a tsunami, Robertson on Tuesday cited last spring's heavy rains and flooding in New England as partly fulfilling the prediction."

Well, that’s a reach. So the possible nuclear explosion could be,,, Fireworks?

But then he makes this statement. This right here tells you all you need to know.

"I have a relatively good track record," he said. "Sometimes I miss."

Read that again with you won’t you. "I have a relatively good track record," he said. "Sometimes I miss." I thought God told you what you tell us. So that would mean that God is wrong sometimes?

Look God is perfect in every way. He knows all and sees all. We are corrupt, sinful, and make a lot of mistakes. You can have a good track record. I have a good one in predicting things in Politics, News, ETC. But when I’m wrong, I’m wrong. No one is whispering in my ear.

So if you believe Pat Robertson, then either God get’s it wrong from time to time, or perhaps Pat is just not a good listener.
Peter

Source
AP -"Pat Robertson predicts ‘Mass Killings’"

No comments: