Monday, August 03, 2009

Swine Flu Update 080309 ME

Yup ME.

Hey folks,

Yes. You read that correctly. I have the Swine Flu. Here's the information as it happened.

Tuesday night I get back from my second trip to Miami. Wednesday, around 11 am or so, I started getting a runny nose. I'm thinking, "No big deal, allergies." Wake up Thursday morning, SICK AS ANYTHING!! All in my chest, and head.

Stayed home all day Thursday pumping myself full of water, Vitamin C, Natural remedies galore. Friday? Worse. Still taking care of it on my own with my Wife's help. Shipped Josh to Grandmas, do not want to get him sick before his big day this coming Wednesday. Saturday? Feeling a little bit better, but not moving all that much. Sunday? Can't walk three feet without being out of breath with a coughing fit. So hot I decided to go Naked. Nothing working at all. Getting worse by the hour.

So jump ahead to this morning. Monday 080309. I'm DONE! Went to the Doctor. Shot in the Arm and in the Ass. Chest X Rays, Swabs, Breathing treatment. So on and So Forth. Doctor returns with a mask and says put this on. She then hooks me up to this machine and tells me to walk around for a few seconds. Then she tells me I'm on the boarder line of being admitted to the Hospital or going home. She said she has no idea how I'm even walking around. I told her I'm OK, just drug me and send me home.

After a little bit of back and forth, she came right out and said. "Do you have any idea how sick you are? You have the Swine Flu, yet you seem not to care." After a little bit more back and forth, I'm given more drugs, prescriptions for even more, and inhaler, and a direct order to quarantine myself in my house for the next 48 hours when they will do a follow up. If I'm not showing any signs of improvement or I get worse, My Wife is under direct orders to send me straight to the Hospital.

So here I sit, numb, a bit hazy, and feeling pretty bad. But I'm listening to the Doc. Bed, chair, office,,OK I'll leave that one out. {Smile} Bed, chair, drugs, ETC.

But have no worries folks, I will make a full recovery. I'm to stubborn to get worse or die. I will also be here tomorrow for the From the Energy Front Segment and will try not to miss to much time. Just be thankful that you are many miles away and reading this via your computer. YOU DO NOT WANT WHAT I GOT! Trust me on that one.

Also, please do not follow my lead. If you are not feeling well, GO TO THE DOCTORS NOW! If I had gone on Friday, I may be 100 percent by now. But I didn't. Don't wait.

See you all tomorrow. Going back to bed now.
Peter

No comments: