Sunday, August 09, 2009

Sonia Sotomayor Confirmed, Baitullah Mehsud Dead

Preview For Sunday 080909

Hey folks,

Let's try this again. For some reason the Preview did not post nor did it go out in the Emails. So here we go again.

Welcome to the Big Sunday Edition of the OPNTalk Blog. Glad you could join us today. Today is also day 10 of my Flu case. So here is the update. I'm feeling a LOT better. The drugs that they gave me did the trick. Still got a bit of a cough and tomorrow will be the big test when I actually attempt to start to get back to a normal life. However, I got great news Friday.

I got a call from a family member and she told me that they {that part of my family} needed to know either way if it was or not indeed H1N1 for various and obvious reasons. So I called the Doctors who called the CDC or whomever they sent it to and they were told that it was negative. I will quote what the one health worker actually said to me. "Hey Pete, good news, well sorta. It came back negative, so you did not have the Swine Flu. You were just REALLY REALLY sick." {Laughing}

Well, that's good. If Swine Flu is worse than what I had, I DO NOT WANT IT! I have NEVER been that sick in my life and I NEVER want to be again. Thank you for all that were concerned. Any signs? Go get checked ASAP. Trust me on that.

So The Senate on Thursday voted 68-31 to confirm Sonia Sotomayor, and she WAS confirmed on Saturday. No big deal. We already knew that Obama wanted her, and Obama was going to get her. She is a mirror image of him. A Radical Racist with and agenda. No big surprise here. Another case where those in the Senate ignored what most of you wanted and did what they were told to do. This is why this Healthcare protest is so important. We can not let them get to a place where they feel they can ignore you on this as well.

Coming right up today?

Media Can NOT Ignore Townhall Protests For Long
Yeah They Are Guilty, But Never mind

Did you see this? Turns out we have had a major Victory on the War on Terror, yet a lot of news outlets are either posting that the Terrorists are saying he is NOT dead or idiotic "What will they do now" BS.

ISLAMABAD (AFP) – Pakistan said Friday it believed Baitullah Mehsud, the charismatic commander of the Pakistani Taliban, had been killed in a US drone attack in a major blow for the Islamist militants.

US and Pakistani officials accuse Mehsud of masterminding the 2007 assassination of ex-Pakistani prime minister Benazir Bhutto and blame him for the deaths of hundreds of people in bomb attacks over the past two years.

Senior officials in Pakistan's powerful security establishment who supervise operations in Mehsud's Waziristan stronghold said the warlord was dead, but the government said it was seeking verification.

"According to my intelligence this news is correct, but we are investigating," Foreign Minister Shah Mahmood Qureshi told reporters. "To be 100 percent sure, we are going for ground verification," he added.

"Information is coming from that area that he is dead," said Interior Minister Rehman Malik. "I am unable to confirm unless I have solid evidence," the cabinet minister added.


Yet many News sources are printing "What lies ahead for the Taliban, What will they do now. Poor Taliban now Leaderless." That type of dribble. Why not say that the US achieved a GREAT VICTORY in the taking out of this powerful leader of our enemy? Oh yeah, Obama said we can't use the word Victory. {Sigh}

All this coming right up folks. Going to fill my cup, be right back.
Peter

Sources:
AFP - Pakistani Taliban chief Mehsud 'dead'

No comments: