Sunday, August 16, 2009

OPNTalk Growing, Gays Targeting WRONG Target

Preview for Sunday 081609

Hey folks,

Welcome to the Big Sunday Edition of the OPNTalk Blog. Glad you could make it. That's right, much to the chagrin of some, the OPNTalk Blog and the Our oPinon Network is growing again. More of you out there are checking us our and some are becoming TRUE OPNers. You can now follow me on Twitter, Peteropntalk, join up Facebook, Peter Carlock of course, and of course Email me at opntalk@gmail.com. When I'm not here you can also find me at the Tom Sullivan Radio Listener's Club and occasionally over at Ethepeople.

I just joined Facebook and I have to admit I'm really starting to love it. I also am really enjoying the live chat over there. YES, I will chat with you if we are on at the same time. Well, most of you anyway. {Smile} Just kidding.

So to my new friends out there, this is the Big Sunday Edition of the OPNTalk Blog. Tuesdays are From the Energy Front where we talk about everything to do with Energy and our Energy Independence. Wednesday and Thursday we talk about whatever get's my attention in the News, and on Friday, we go to the Emails where I highlight one of the many Articles, comments, or whatever, that YOU send me at opntalk@gmail.com. But Sunday? Sunday is the Big Edition that range from four to six different articles, a Health and Science Segment {I love Science and Health issues} and or course, the IWA. The Idiot of the Week Award given out to those that rightfully deserve it. You TRULY never know what you may see here.

Coming right up today?

Death Panels May Be Removed

All that in just a second. So I have to comment on this folks. This is the sort of thing that drives me nutty. I saw this just a second ago. It's from the AP - Gay marriage fight, `kiss-ins' smack Mormon image Associated Press Writer Jennifer Dobner, Associated Press Writer – 2 hrs 26 mins ago

SALT LAKE CITY – The Mormon church's vigorous, well-heeled support for Proposition 8, which banned gay marriage in California last year, has turned the Utah-based faith into a lightning rod for gay rights activism, including a nationwide "kiss-in" Saturday.

The event comes after gay couples here and in San Antonio and El Paso, Texas, were arrested, cited for trespassing or harassed by police for publicly kissing. In Utah, the July 9 trespassing incident occurred after a couple were observed by security guards on a downtown park-like plaza owned by the 13 million-member Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.


OK. Now that was all I had to read. This is stupid. Just flat out stupid. The writer of the peace seems to be on the side of the Gay Activists here. "cited for trespassing or harassed by police" My first instinct was to find out who she is and see if my gut was telling me the truth about her, but then I thought about it further. It really doesn't matter. It WAS NOT THE MORMON CHURCH THAT GOT PROP 8 PASSED! They are targeting the WRONG PEOPLE! Not to mention, it is THESE people and this type of incident that gives Gay's a bad name all the way around, and makes it harder for some to accept Homosexuals anywhere.

Here is what I mean. I have stated my position on Prop 8, Homosexuality, and the whole "Gay Marriage Movement" itself SEVERAL times. But let's deal in FACTS here shall we.

First it was the 70 percent of the African American Vote that Passed Prop 8. The Moron Church, as large as it may be, does NOT have the numbers in California to get this done if they wanted to. So if these Idiots REALLY want to protest those responsible for Passing Prop 8, may I suggest that they go down into the inner cities and Protest there. I'm not so sure that I would recommend it, but they would be protesting those actually responsible.

However, you will not see this. This does not fit the template. The template is Rich White, Religious folks are Homophobes and are attempting to oppress the Gay population. Yet in California, Florida, and wherever this type of Proposition is on the Ballets, it is the Minority Vote that OVERWHELMINGLY passes it. That is just reality folks. Now of course you could argue that a lot of those folks are some form of Christian. Baptist ETC. But it is NOT the White Morons out to get Gays. It is the MAJORITY of Americans from ALL walks of life that see Marriage as a covenant between one Man, one Woman and God.

My other big problem with this is that it is this type of thing that further erodes ANY support whatsoever for Gay acceptance at all. The Gay Pride Parades, where people are walking down the street naked, kissing and committing sexual acts in public, trespassing and causing a scene like this case, the in your face, you have a problem we are normal BS, DRIVES people AWAY from you. It FURTHER divides the two groups rather than bringing them together in honest debate.

I do not tell you who I sleep with. I do not go to work and brag about what me and my Wife did last night. I do not get in your face and tell you I'm Straight. I do not walk down the street Naked, swing my ding dong in the face of kids that may be there watching, and make a fool of myself. Why should I take YOU serious if YOU do that?

There is room for open and honest debate on all this. As I have said several times in the past, you REALLY want to know what being Gay is about? Spend time to get to know a Gay person. It's just like any other type of thing. You really want to know what being Black is all about? What do Russians REALLY believe and how do they live? Chinese?, Jews, Muslims, Whatever. Whoever. If you REALLY want to know how someone different than you are, find one, spend time with them, get to KNOW them. You may find that you come away with a different perspective.

The rest of this peace is nothing more than an attack on the Moron Church, who as I have already stated, is the wrong target here. But whatever. DIALOG, not radical activism will go a lot farther.

Going to fill my cup. Today's coffee? Folgers Gourmet "Caramel Drizzle" www.folgers.com Be right back.
Peter

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I wonder how much HIV the gay kiss-ins will transmit.
Nice to talk to you on Facebook Pete. Even though out talk was interrupted.
I think they have problems with their chat program.

Peter said...

Hey Irishgodfather

"Nice to talk to you on Facebook Pete. Even though out talk was interrupted."

I'm LOVING Facebook and Twitter as well. I should have done this a while ago.

"I think they have problems with their chat program."

Yeah, I was chatting with someone else at one point and it froze. I signed back in and seemed to work A LOT better.

You know someone gave me an interesting suggestion. I think they really want to chat with me live. They said:

"Hey Pete,

Why do you not let us know when you will be on live. In other words, tell us 'I will be on Saturday, or any day, at 8 pm, and then those that want to would be able to chat with you live."


Interesting concept. I may have to try that sometime.
Peter