Sunday, June 22, 2008

You Can't Make This Stuff Up 062208

May The Force Be With You. Always.

Hey folks,

I'm thinking of converting. I love Lightsabers. I love Yoda. I am a huge Star Wars fan. Back in the 70's I WAS a Jedi. At the time, all we had to play with was a blow up Lightsaber, but we had all the ships and figures.

I remember playing for hours on end, days on end, in woods, in town, old cars were spaceships, and my friend was Han Solo. Those were the days of magic and miracles.

I just wrote an article this past Wednesday, talking about Obama's newest adviser, Richard Danzig, quoting Winnie the Pooh, and saying that terrorist are telling him that we all want to be Luke Skywalker. That reminded me of something I read a while back. I guess, I do not have to pretend any more. I can actually become a Jedi.

According to the BBC - Jedi makes the census list, 2002

It's official: "Jedi Knight" is ON the list of religions for the 2001 UK census.
A campaign to get people to write the entry on their census forms has succeeded in the term being included on the list of religions, alongside Church of England, Roman Catholic, Muslim, Buddhist and Hindu.

Just this past May 22, 2008 Time.com Posted this. 'Star Wars' is My Co-Pilot

May 25th marks the 31st anniversary of the movie megalith Star Wars. In three decades the franchise has spawned more than just massive revenues and legions of fans — it has also inspired a religion. Jediism, based on the teachings of the films, counts thousands of members worldwide.

Time spoke with Daniel Jones, co-founder of the first Church of Jediism in the United Kingdom, about The Force, a recent brush with the Dark Side and future plans for world domination.

If you want to check this out, find out if Jediism is for you, you can go to one of MANY websites out there that are toting the Jedi Religion. I like this one. The Jedi Sanctuary

So if you have had it with other Man-Made religions out there, or even if you believe in God, you can now officially become a Jedi.

I leave you with the common Jedi warning. Be mindful of your emotions. "Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering." These are things of the Dark Side. Be mindful of good thoughts, and live in the present. "A powerful Jedi you will become."

May the force be with you, ALWAYS!
Peter

Sources:
BBC - Jedi makes the census list
Time.com -
'Star Wars' is My Co-Pilot
The Jedi Sanctuary

No comments: