Sunday, June 08, 2008

You Are Punishing Yourselves

Something that just ticks me off

Hey folks,

This past Friday, I was talking to a long time Republican who made the statement that some of you may remember from 06, some of you may have heard again now, and some of you may have even said. But the very stupidity of this statement sends me into orbit EVERY TIME I hear it.

"You know I'm a Republican. But I'm voting Democratic this year, because I want to punish the Republican Party."

OK. Here is the truth folks. THEY DO NOT CARE! The Republican Party has been taken over by Country Club Millionaire Moderates. They REALLY do not care any more than the LWL that has taken over the Democrat Party. But there is a point that you completely miss here.

I can understand you, or anyone, saying that you are going to sit this one out. I really can see that. It is getting harder and harder for me to think of a reason to vote this time around myself. That I get.

I can understand if you say that you are going to vote for Obama because you really believe that it will not matter who the President is, because conventional wisdom tells us that the House and the Senate will have an overriding majority on the Democrat side. So you would rather a Democrat President be blamed for the Kaos and turmoil that will follow. Then you have hope that the Republicans will come back in four years with a more Conservative agenda.

But when you say, "I'm going to vote for, in this case, Obama, to punish the Republicans," you are completely ignorant. You are PUNISHING YOURSELVES!

You vote for Obama because you want to show your disapproval with the Republican Party. What do you get? OBAMA! You get higher taxes. Universal Healthcare. GWBS. You get a weak and DANGEROUS foreign policy. You GET what he has been telling you he will do. Do you REALLY think this is any kind of punishment for those that have millions in the bank? Those that will keep their jobs in Politics and come back and fight again another day? No. You are punishing yourself.

Many people made this statement in 06. We got a Democrat House and Senate. What did we get with that? THANKFULLY NOTHING. They could not push their agenda because we DID have a President not afraid of the Veto and used it. They did not have a overriding Majority.

Just remember folks, vote or do not for the reasons you want. But do not think for one second that you are punishing anyone but yourself. YOU have to live through the next for years. YOU have to deal with the choice you make. YOU. No one else.
Peter

No comments: