Sunday, June 08, 2008

Preview for Sunday 060808

Hillary Out, Coming Right Up.

She suspended her campaign. She DID NOT CONCEDE. Remember that.

Hey folks,

WASHINGTON — Senator Hillary Rodham Clinton brought her campaign for the White House to an end on Saturday with a rousing farewell to thousands of supporters here and an emotional and unequivocal call for her voters to get behind Senator Barack Obama, the man who defeated her for the Democratic nomination.

She said this.

“You can be so proud that, from now on, it will be unremarkable for a woman to win primary state victories, unremarkable to have a woman in a close race to be our nominee, unremarkable to think that a woman can be the president of the United States,” she said. “To those who are disappointed that we couldn’t go all of the way, especially the young people who put so much into this campaign, it would break my heart if, in falling short of my goal, I in any way discouraged any of you from pursuing yours.”

What complete arrogance. But that's the Clintons.

“The way to continue our fight now, to accomplish the goals for which we stand, is to take our energy, our passion, our strength and do all we can to help elect Barack Obama the next president of the United States. Today, as I suspend my campaign, I congratulate him on the victory he has won and the extraordinary race he has run. I endorse him and throw my full support behind him.”

For now at least. I haven't seen her back walking away yet. But it does seem that Obama is the nominee. Congratulations Obama.

Coming right up today? Russia needs closer watching, not requests to help us. This statement just ticks me off. New extinct animal? Really? And of course, the IWA. Because I love Science and Math, and my Wife LOVES crafts, I may just throw this one in.

Get your coffee, mine Butterscotch Toffee today, get ready, lets get going.

Peter

Sources:
NYT- Ending Her Bid, Clinton Backs Obama

No comments: