Tuesday, August 15, 2006

But I LOVE Them.

Hey folks,

Just something to think about as the day ends. I love a good hotdog. My favorite are the ones on those rotisserie things. I grew up on hot dogs. They were main meals. Still, are on the run, sometimes. I had no problem with them.

But according to this article

"Everyone knows hot dogs aren't exactly healthy for you, but in a new study chemists find they may contain DNA-mutating compounds that might boost one's risk for cancer.

Scientists note there is an up to 240-fold variation in levels of these chemicals across different brands."


The article goes on to talk about differing manufacturing techniques, and the fact that past research had linked them with colon cancer. Hot dogs are preserved with sodium nitrite, which can help form chemicals known as N-nitroso compounds, most of which cause cancer in lab animals.


Now as I read this, I’m reminded of all the times when coffee was bad, good, bad, good, for you. Now? I have no idea. I have Vanilla Nut at my side right now. {Smile} Then Wine? Red good, bad, good, bad outweighs the good, ETC. Carbs good, bad, and what about good fat and bad fat? The point is, they do not even seem to truly know.


What I love is we cannot eat sugar. God, or nature for my atheist friends made sugar. But we can eat this stuff that man created in some lab somewhere? My nutrition plan is simple. I eat what I like. I do not eat what I do not like. It’s simple that way.

So the next time you pass by one of those hotdog venders, think about this. Do you really care? I say just stop, and enjoy the hotdog. But do not stand to close to the curb. You could get hit by a car you know.
Peter

No comments: