Saturday, August 19, 2006

Behind The OPN Screen

Hey folks,

Happy Saturday morning to you. I love weekends. Here is technically your second addition of a look behind the scenes, or screen, here at the OPN. Updates, past dates, new things coming, old things going, ETC. I will even share, with your permission, your emails or questions you may have. Just a inside look at things here.

Updates- I have updated the site. You can now track the site and see new articles when they are posted. Then again, you could just come here once a day after say 8am and the "Daily Article" is usually posted by that time.

I have also added the "Yahoo IM" for those who may want to try to catch me on line live. Just check the "Profile" section. Of course you can always email me at the email listed. Do not worry, unless I have your TOTAL permission, what you send me in private, will stay that way. I may comment generically if it is really good or a question, but I will not "call you out" or share what you do not want shared. That is a promise to you.

New Things Coming- There are A LOT of ideas being floated around right now. Everything from things I’m excited about, to things I do not like. In other words, some of the things would require me to open the OPN up to advertisers to help pay for the changes. This I do not think I like. But debates are going on in my head about it. I’ll let you know what the voices decide {Smile}

Seriously folks. One idea is a Web cam. That’s right, a LIVE OPN. Well, recorded for you to watch live, when it was recorded, but not live when you,,,you get the point. I’m not so sure that the OPNers REALLY want to see me talking. I think they enjoy reading the "Daily Article" but to watch me discuss it and other things, although it would free me up to be more detailed and cover a wider gambit, I’m still not so sure.

What I do know for sure is this, there will be a new segment called "Just My Thoughts." This will debut today. What "Just My Thoughts" is, is exactly that. I will share my thoughts on everything from current events, Religion, food, movies, to the color of the sky. Nothing will be left out. No script, not necessarily a current news story, possibly not even something you care about or understand. Just truly my thoughts. I’m thinking Saturdays will be good for that.

As with anything else here at the OPN, feel free to let me know what you think. As I’ve said before I do this because I want to. I love it. I would write daily even if noone was reading it. But I also care what you think. So let me know. Either here in the comment section, email, IM, or even for those of you that know the number, phone calls.

Q&A-

"Why do you not have more pictures?"

Good question. I tried to do pictures at one time. I even did on a couple articles post pictures. One day I tried to post a picture and had problems with it. I tried to solve that problem and created more. I now post links to the actual news articles that the stories came from, and they most likely have the pictures themselves. But I’ll think about it. It does in some cases look better with pictures. So we’ll see.

"Do you post stuff from your own thoughts or just rehash news from other places? Where do you get the news you comment on?"

Yes and yes. I analyze the news of the day. In other words, just like talk radio, news analysis programs {Like Fox, Rush, Hannity, NPR, ETC.} I talk about and give my opinion of the daily news. I have now started posting links to the article I’m analyzing, so that one can read it for themselves and so that I will not be accused of "Making it my own" which I have been in the past.

Then there is times that I post original stuff. I try to also say, and will make more of a conscience effort to say it, that "in my opinion" or "My take on this is", so that you know it is from me totally.

"Some days I see you post one article and discuss it. Others I see two or three. How come?"

Time. It really is that simple.

"Are you as arrogant as you come across?"

LOL. I get this once in a while. This is why, although true, I tell you that "I AM your voice of simplicity in the complicated world in which we live. Your voice of reason and logic in the insanity that surrounds us, and you gateway to truth." because some people who do not know me say this or that about me. I think with this new segment "Just My Thoughts" you may get a better understanding of who I truly am.

The Million dollar question

"Where is Chief Rowley? As I’ve seen before, something you write about all of a sudden is all over the news. It happened with Chief Rowley too. He wrote about Mico-management and the very next day on the Today Show, the did a whole story on it. Where did he go?"

Good and fair question. The answer is really this simple. Thanks for noticing the connection of what is here and in the news by the way. This is not the first time this has happened. There has been stories I’ve written before and seen all over the place soon after. Maybe Matt is a OPNer. {Smile}

As for Chief Rowley. As I said in his introduction, "He is a busy guy, so he will be here sporadically". There is no schedule. He does not work for me. It was just a fun concept that I thought, make that knew, would be welcomed by you. He is under NO oblation, obligation, contract, or any requirements to be here. If he joins us a agin, GREAT. If not, so be it.

We’ll continue to make improvements and changes at the OPN that I feel will make the OPN even better and work even more towards the goal of "infotainment".

Until next time, hope you enjoy the visiting. Come back often. You never know what you’ll see.
Peter

No comments: