Sunday, March 22, 2009

Did Obama Offend You?

Preview For Sunday 032209

Hey folks,

Welcome to the Big Sunday Edition of the OPNTalk Blog. We are truly fully loaded with quite the gambit of topics today. Seriously, we have a smorgasbord of things to talk about.

Coming right up today?

Behind The OPNTalk Screen 032209
Obama Rhetoric Vs Reality of Cap and Trade, and Taxes On Energy
Glenn Beck On AGI And The Economy In General
Early Detection of Alzheimer's
A Hermaphrodite Tennis Player
IWA for Sunday 032209

OK. We will get to all that in just a few minutes. First, I have a question for you. Did Obama offend you? Do you think that his off script, which always get's him in trouble, was offensive?

Now I know that the standard defense of this is that we all say stupid stuff without thinking about it at the time. I get that. I do not truly think that he actually MEANT to offend anyone. He was actually poking fun at himself.

However, the comment COULD be taken offensively. I understand those that are offended. I got news for you, so does Obama. He even apologized before the show aired.

What I'm talking about, as if you did not know already, is his comment on the Tonight Show, when he said that his bowling skills were "like the Special Olympics or something."

This comment in my mind was CLEARLY poking fun at himself, however, it also gives the impression that he sees people with handicaps in a humorous way. He sees them struggling to compete, and do things that most people do without much effort as funny. So even though not intended, it CAN be taken offensively.

This is one of those things that you just should not joke about. If I were to say something like "Me and Pizza is like Black folks and fried chicken," I would be labeled a Racist and people would be calling for my head. Even though I did not mean to offend anyone. You just don't say certain things. So you be the judge.

Alright, like I said, we are fully loaded today, so let's get right to it. Going to fill my cup. Today's Coffee of the day is a new one for me. It's "Angels Kiss" a blend of Chocolaty Coconut with a Halo of Nuts by the Joffrey's Coffee and Tea Company. Here is the Website for those of you that want to get your own. www.joffreys.com Be right back.
Peter

No comments: