Sunday, February 22, 2009

I'm Going To Live Forever

Science Says So.

Hey folks,

Here is one reason I'm in such a great mood today. According to the new Scientific information just in, and that of which has been around for a while, I'm going to live forever. Here is what I mean.

First, as you all know, I drink about three pots of Coffee a day. Let's see, three pots a day, that's about 5 cups a pot, big cups, that's 15 cups a day. OK. Maybe some more than that from time to time. I am not exaggerating in the least.

So according to this study, I should NEVER have to worry about Alzheimer's or even Dementia for that matter.

Back on May 6, 2007 H.S. Coffee Update, I told you that they were saying that COFFEE was good at preventing some cancers. That’s great news for me. Today, Boca Java’s Tropical Kiss {Chocolate coffee with a smooch of coconut}

Now? According to WebMD Health News Reviewed by Louise Chang, MDFeb. 19, 2009 -- The odds of having a stroke may be lower for tea drinkers and coffee drinkers. By Miranda Hitti

That's according to two studies presented today in San Diego at the American Stroke Association's International Stroke Conference 2009.

The key finding: The more cups of coffee participants drank, the less likely they were to report ever being diagnosed with a stroke. For instance, among people who reported drinking one to two cups of coffee per day, 5% reported a history of stroke, compared to 3.5% of people who reported drinking three to five daily cups of coffee and about 3% of people who said they drink six or more cups of coffee per day.

Why do they not just label Coffee a health drink already? {Smile} That is one health drink I will have no problem drinking.

But then I saw THIS report. I love Eggs and Toast with my morning Coffee on the Weekends. The rest of the week I only eat Dinner. Mostly a time thing I guess. But I love eggs. Looks like THAT is great news for me as well. According to Science Cetric - Egg-irony: High cholesterol food may reduce blood pressure

Researchers in Canada are reporting evidence that eggs - often frowned upon for their high cholesterol content - may reduce another heart disease risk factor - high blood pressure.

They describe identification of egg proteins that act like a popular group of prescription medications in lowering blood pressure. The report appeared in the 11 February issue of ACS' Journal of Agricultural and Food Chemistry, a bi-weekly publication.

In the new study, Jianping Wu and Kaustav Majumder note that eggs are an inexpensive source of high-quality protein and other nutrients. Egg consumption, however, has decreased during the last 40 years amid concerns about cholesterol. Recent studies do suggest that healthy people can eat eggs without increasing their heart disease risk. Other research hinted that certain egg proteins might have effects similar to ACE inhibitors, prescription drugs used to treat high blood pressure.

{Laughing} Well, I do not have to worry about high blood pressure, cancer, or stoke. I drink COFFEE. A lot of it at that. Now all they have to do is prove BACON is good for you and I will be in heaven. {Smile}

But I do still have that one bad habit. I smoke. Yes my friends, I smoke. BUT WAIT!!! I forgot all about this little known fact until my Niece {Who wants me to quit} pointed out that THIS may not be bad either. I said "What?" She said, "Did you not write about that before?" I had to go back into the archives, and you know what? SHE IS RIGHT! I forgot all about it.

Sunday, October 29, 2006
"Just My thoughts" for Sunday October 29, 2006

"I’ll Eat What I Want"

Then you have Nicotine. That’s right folks, what is in cigarettes, could now be GOOD for you. I’m not making this stuff up.

"It has been known since the early 1980's that nicotine - a natural product derived from the tobacco plant - plays an important role in the brain. Researchers think that nicotine acts by stimulating the chemicals which play a fundamental role in transmitting messages between nerves and across the brain - so-called neurochemicals. Says Professor Paul Sanberg of the University of South Florida's Medical School:

"We wanted to look at the interaction of two well-known neurotransmitter systems in the brain because I was studying movement disorders like Parkinson's Disease. If you block one of these transmitters - Dopamine - then you cause Parkinson-like symptoms - twitching and involuntary movements. But when we also gave a small amount of nicotine, we found there was an interesting response. The nicotine seemed to 'exaggerate' the effect of the drug which blocked Dopamine - and caused the animals to become completely immobile."


{Laughing} THAT'S IT! I'm just going to live forever. No heart problems, no strokes, cancer, no worry about Parkinson's Disease, because I take care of myself. I eat eggs, smoke cigarettes, and drink a lot of Coffee. I'm pretty much immortal. {laughing}

Be right back with the Idiot of the Week.
Peter

Sources:
Science Cetric - Egg-irony: High cholesterol food may reduce blood pressure
Web MD -
Tea, Coffee May Reduce Stroke Risk
OPNTalk - Coffee Good For Sound Mind, As Long As You Like Hallucinations
OPNTalk - I'll Eat What I Want

No comments: