Monday, January 24, 2011

Eli Is Here

Papa is PROUD.

Hey folks,

OK. So 8:15am, the Medical Staff at Martin Memorial gave Laura an Epidermal Pill. They told us that this would take a while since she was only 3 Centimeters Dilated and showing no real signs of Labor. We were told to wait an Hour, then stroll through the Hospital, maybe a Jet Bath, and wait.

Well, at about 9:30am, the contractions started. By 11:10am, her Water broke. 11:50am Elijah James was birthed into the World. Weighing in at 7 pounds and 15 ounces, standing at,, OK, make that LAYING at, 20 inches, Eli came into the world kicking and screaming.

Ten fingers and ten toes, healthy lungs, and an appetite I WISH we could have gotten Josh into at his Birth. When the Nursing Tech, whom I can not say enough about, Erin, first handed me my new Son, he immediately calmed and snuggled up to my chest. He is even trying to open his eyes. When Barbara {Mid Wife} AGAIN, no words to describe these people, handed him over to Mom, he found his food source within not even 5 minutes. He didn't really like the clean up thing, nor the weighing stuff. But as long as he was next to me or Mommy, he was just a precious bundle of joy. Calm, and even soothing to both of us.

Yes. A new Chapter has been born into our lives. The Carlock Family has been increased by one. A new adventure begins. New Photos have been added over at Facebook. We are looking forward to whatever the future holds.

Thank you once again to all of you that have kept us in your Hearts and Prayers. Be sure of this, I will be sharing our new Journey with you all going forward. As I have with Josh, and will continue, I will with Eli.

For those of you who couldn't care less about my personal life, fret not, we will get back to business as usual here in just a bit. But make no mistake about it, I AM a proud Papa.
Peter

No comments: