Sunday, July 25, 2010

DLA For Sunday 072510

A Reporter NOT afraid to ask tough questions.

Hey folks,

Well, then again, what WOULD you expect from the Son of the Late Tim Russert? I heard this on Rush Limbaugh today, actually fortunate enough to tune in today. I think it was around the second hour. Anyway, I knew that LUKE Russert had to be the winner of this week's Display of Logic Award.

Here is the exchange



CONGRESSMAN RANGEL: What are you talking about? You're just trying to make copy? What job? The one I got?

RUSSERT: Yeah. I mean, these are really serious violations.

CONGRESSMAN RANGEL: I mean, how do you think I got my job? I was elected. How do you think I lose it?

RUSSERT: Well, there's two ways. You could lose it if your colleagues voted you out of here because of ethics violations or if your constituents do not find you upstanding.

CONGRESSMAN RANGEL: What station are you with? Well, you're young; I guess you do need to make a name for yourself.

RUSSERT: (chuckles)

CONGRESSMAN RANGEL: But basically you know it's a dumb question, and I'm not answering.

RUSSERT: How is it a dumb question?

CONGRESSMAN RANGEL: The allegations that were made by some people!

RUSSERT: Sir? Sir? You did not file taxes on properties in the Dominican Republic, allegedly.

CONGRESSMAN RANGEL: It doesn't... It doesn't sound like... It doesn't...

RUSSERT: If that comes to be true, is that not a problem?

CONGRESSMAN RANGEL: It doesn't really sound like NBC --

RUSSERT: Sir?

CONGRESSMAN RANGEL -- asking these dumb questions. It just shows what has really happened to a channel that did have some respect.
For having the nerve to actually stand up to one of the most corrupt Politicians EVER, and not allowing him to simply wave you off, congratulations Luke Russert, you are the Winner of the DLA this week. Charlie even had to apologize to you. THAT is impressive all by itself.

A Reporter asking honest questions that the public would like to know. Way to go Luke. Your Dad would be proud.
Peter

No comments: