Sunday, November 01, 2009

29 Gifts in 29 Days AMAZING

I am VERY HAPPY to share this one.

Hey folks,

In our Health and Science Segment this week, we are going to look at something a little different. Watch this.




The first day of my personal 29-Day Giving Challenge was preceded by a sleepless night. I was awake all night feeling angry and sorry for myself during a difficult flare up of my Multiple Sclerosis. When insomnia hits, I often go through old journals and read them. I found a note that I'd made during a phone session with one of my spiritual teachers, Mbali Creazzo, two months before. The note said, "Give something away each day for 29 days." It was 3 a.m. and I decided in that moment to take the suggestion.

And so my 29-Day Giving Challenge began that morning as I gave my first gift -- a simple supportive phone call to another friend living with MS. I woke up the next day and the next day after that feeling excited about what I might give away. And I began to notice that the more I gave away, the more abundance I was experiencing for myself.

I wanted to see what would happen in my life if I really committed and focused my energy on giving for 29 days. What space would it create in my life for new and unexpected things to occur? What shifts would I see in my thinking and behavior as a result? What impact would my gifts have on others? These were just a few of the questions I was curious about in the beginning, but there’s no way I could have anticipated what unfolded for me.

By Day 29, I was astounded by the magical and miraculous shifts in my energy for life:

■I was feeling happier, healthier, and more in awe with life.
■I found myself smiling and laughing more.
■My body got stronger and I was able to stop walking with my cane by Day 14.
■My business exploded with new, unexpected opportunities and I was able to go back to work part-time again after months of being too sick to work.
■I began connecting with a community of new friends in Los Angeles after feeling isolated in my new home for several months. With help from the website, I also reconnected with my community of friends from San Franciscio and the Midwest, where I had lived previously.
■My creativity opened up and I began writing stories regularly.
■I began experiencing a deeper intimacy in my relationship with my husband, family and friends.

The list of changes goes on and on. This is only the beginning.

When I started out, nothing was planned. I simply began the day and when I felt moved to give something, I did. Part of me initially wanted to plot out the 29 days and line up the things I was giving in my hallway so I had the illusion of knowing what to expect. But collapsing into that old, manipulative and controlling way of being would defeat the purpose of the experiment.

I documented what I gave away and any observations I made each day. I began to post the stories online. Who knows, I thought, maybe others will decide to take the 29-Day Giving Challenge and experience a similar positive impact on their lives. So I decided to invite some friends to join me and within a couple weeks of sending the first invitation over 120 people signed up and committed to the Challenge.

My goal with the 29-Day Giving Challenge is to create a worldwide revival of the giving spirit in the world. I want to inspire more generosity on the planet and help change lives, one gift at a time.

I hope you'll decide to join in the fun and start giving.

Peace, light and good giving to you today. May you be the recipient of many gifts.

Signed Cami

The LAW of giving and receiving is solid. It is taught in many different Religions and Non-Religious Cultures. From the dawn of time, giving and receiving is taught to be wholesome and good, reaping benefits that can not be measured. From Blessings from God, to simply the flow of Energy, giving and receiving WORKS. Deepak Chopra puts it this way.

"The universe operates through dynamic exchange . . . giving and receiving are different aspects of the flow of energy in the universe. And in our willingness to give that which we seek, we keep the abundance of the universe circulating in our lives."

The Bible is filled with the Spiritual Law of Giving and Receiving. The Scripture states, "It is more blessed to give than to receive." Meaning blessed (adjective): bringing pleasure, contentment, or good fortune. Many Religions teach this in similar ways. But as I said, history tells us that it works. I am living proof of it. Many that have tried it will testify to the same. Just ask Cami Walker.

I challenge you to take the 29 Gives in 29 Days Challenge. It may very well change your life.
Peter

Sources:
29 Day Giving Challenge

1 comment:

http://blog.gallantgifts.com/ said...

This is a great blog and idea, thanks a ton!