Monday, August 25, 2008

My Apologies

For My Absence.

Hey folks,

No. I did not have Computer Problems. No. I was not on Vacation. Wish I was. But no. No. I was not sick. Thank you for asking. I love this one. No. I did not skip the Big Sunday Edition of the OPNTalk Blog to avoid awarding myself the IWA. I AM the Idiot of the Week For 082408. Yeah me.

No folks, do not be angry at me. Be angry at Fay. Tropical Storm Fay that is. Here in Martin County, we were OK. Couple of roads flooded, a couple of Tornadoes rumored to have touched down, one over turning a delivery truck, and about seventeen thousand loosing power. But all in all, not too bad. St Lucie County? Next County over? Not so lucky.

St Lucie County was flooded out pretty bad. They shut down the City on Wednesday totally. Still on Thursday, when I was driving through, there were neighborhoods that you simply could not go into at all. Unless you had a boat. Even some major sections of US 1, a major roadway running through it was completely shut down. Out East? Forget about it.

So for the past four days, myself and 15 other have been in St Lucie County trying to get them back on track. Believe me, I will be doing the same thing for the next 5 days, if I really had a choice between being here, in a air conditioned office, talking with you, I would have been. Instead, I've been walking around a swap that is the City of PSL for 16 hours Saturday and Sunday.

Now do not fret, I will be here tomorrow and we will be attempting to make this a full week, with of course the Big Sunday Edition coming up this Weekend. But My apologies for completely missing this past Sunday. Joe Biden? I have a little to say about that. {Smile}

Hopefully all will be back to normal real soon. Thank you again for your concern, but other than VERY wet and tire, all is well.
Peter

No comments: