Friday, August 08, 2008

Absence Due To Technical Problems

MY Sincerest Apologies

Hey folks,

FIRST THING is FIRST! Sorry to all of you true OPNers out there. The OPNTalk Blog was shut down, in a matter of speaking, for the last two and a half days. Monday night we attempted to upgrade to the new system that the Internet High-speed Provider was upgrading to. Well, during this process, I discovered a major oversight that I was not aware of for the past three months. That was quickly rectified, however, the problem continued to block access.

Tuesday afternoon, evening, and ALL day Wednesday, was spent attempting to get a hold of the Internet Provider's Tech Dept. Well, their phones crashed at the same time. {Laughing} Yup. I can laugh now. Not then.

After speaking with a few people, and threatening to get a new Internet Provider all together, the problem was resolve sometime on late Wednesday night. HOWEVER! One little detail was left out from me. I went on Thursday morning with every hope to be BACK on line, only to find I was STILL not connected.

Needless to say, after a few phone calls to someone working on the OPNTalk System itself, it was discovered that the one detail that was overlooked and not mentioned to me, was the MODEM was not on. {Laughing} Yeah, kind of need that to be on line.

Anyway, my SINCEREST APOLOGIES to you all, and to all of you that have been Emailing me. Sorry to the new folks here that have left comments. I assure you, I have a lot of catching up to do. I promise you I will do just that. So many Emails, so little time. But since it is Friday, lets get right back into the swing of things shall we?

I'll be right back, I hope, with the From the Emails Segment. If all goes well, we will be back full strength for the big Sunday Edition.
Peter

No comments: