Thursday, April 19, 2007

Retraction

Hey folks,


I had to stop by tonight to fix a mistake. I, as well as many others, posted and or played the video sent to NBC by the shooter involved in the Virginia Tech horror. I posted it as part of today’s Daily Article. I felt that it would be something of interest for some to try to figure out why he did what he did. I was wrong. The families involved made it crystal clear that this was an offence to them.

Along with that, someone told me today that I fell into the same trap that everyone else did. His {The Shooter} intent was to become immortal. To forever be remembered for what he did. By NBC and others continually playing the video, reporting his words, he will in fact become immortal. Therefore by me posting the link to the video, I am merely assisting him reach this goal.

The third reason I was wrong in posting the link is simple, logical, and truth be told, this would encourage copycats to do the same. We need to find out what went wrong and fix it. NOT encourage others to follow in this demented and evil person’s footsteps.

Due to these reason I just stated I have removed the video link permanently from the OPN and I sincerely apologize to all the families involved. NBC, and others may continue to play it, I will not. I did not mean to add to any sorrow of these families. I am TRULY sorry if I did.

Sincerely,
Peter Carlock

No comments: