Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Rangel Re-enforces Kerry. Soldiers Are Stupid.

Hey folks,

I do not have much time today. I have to get ready for Thanksgiving tomorrow and a few other things I need to take care of. I wasn’t going to come in today at all until I heard Rangel. I HAD to comment on this.

Do you remember this joke? Stop me if you have heard it before,

"You know, education, if you make the most of it and you study hard and you do your homework and you make an effort to be smart, you -- you can do well. If you don't, you get stuck in Iraq." John Kerry.

OH yeah, that was a botched joke. This is why it wasn’t funny. He would never say that about the troops. He even Apologized for his words being mis-interrupted. As far as I know, he has yet to apologize for his other gem,

"I am convinced a volunteer army would be an army of the poor and the black and the brown," Kerry wrote. "We must not repeat the travesty of the inequities present during Vietnam. I also fear having a professional army that views the perpetuation of war crimes as simply 'doing its job.’"

The MMD just passed right over this. Even came right out and said that they hoped this would just go away. Everyone jumped on the band wagon and said he didn’t mean it. It was a botched joke, etc.

Now, here comes Charles Rangel. He is calling for the reinstatement of the Draft. Remember I told you yesterday he said,

"You bet your life. Underscore serious. There's no question in my mind that this president and this administration would never have invaded Iraq, especially on the flimsy evidence that was presented to the Congress, if indeed we had a draft and members of Congress and administration thought their kids from their communities will be placed in harm's way. I will be introducing that bill as soon as we start the new session."

I pointed out that he did this before in 2004, then voted AGAINST his own bill. So what lies behind this? Why would he be doing this? Is this really a statement against all wars as he was saying, while making his rounds to do damage control? You see folks he was going all over the place trying to clarify his intent. On Fox News with Neil Cavuto, he said,

"I am making a statement against all wars that cannot gin up enough confidence that people would say, "My country's in danger and I want to serve; my kids want to serve." If it doesn't reach that level, then you bet your life I don't think that you should just recruit where people have little alternatives in their lifestyle."

But is there an underlining reason that he is trying NOT to say? YES. Just listen to what he has been saying about the military.

"I'm just saying that, being one that had faced these alternatives, that why is a kid who is going to Harvard or Yale or has alternatives not included in the sacrifice for our country? Why would you recruit people who have less options, for one year, for two years, for three years, to go there four and five -- their chances of living, each time they go back, are limited."

Then on the "Situation Room," he said,

"Anyone that will tell you that the affluent are enlisting are just not telling the truth. So, whether this becomes a bill or not, the debate will prove that they are enlisting and recruiting in areas of the highest unemployment. And that is whether it's the inner cities or whether it's the rural areas. And, so, that's a fact. And if you take a look at the war dead and the wounded you will see they neither come from well-known cities or towns you never heard of in the South and the West and those are the facts. And so whoever challenges those are 100 percent wrong.

We have never heard the president of the United States or the commander-in-chief make any argument in appealing to the people to enlist because it's the patriotic thing to do. Instead of that, they offer $40,000 bonus, $70,000 education, and $4 billion in ads -- and so I'm saying if you have to go to war, don't just let the poor that come from these communities of high employment be in harm's way."


None of this is true folks. But if you REALLY look at what he is saying, you can see that he thinks that those in the ALL VOLUNTEER Military are un-educated, poor, Black and Brown people. Is this NOT what he is saying? Is this NOT what Kerry was saying?

Then you have this comment from him, "So, whether this becomes a bill or not, the debate will prove that they are enlisting and recruiting in areas of the highest unemployment. And that is whether it's the inner cities or whether it's the rural areas. And, so, that's a fact. And if you take a look at the war dead and the wounded you will see they neither come from well-known cities or towns you never heard of in the South and the West and those are the facts. And so whoever challenges those are 100 percent wrong."

He doesn’t REALLY want the Draft. He doesn’t care. He wants YOU to believe that the Military is Racist. He wants you to think that those in the Military are uneducated Black and Brown people. That IS EXACTLY what Kerry said, and meant.

Speaker To Be Nancy Pelosi has her hands full, I’ll tell you that. No doubt about it.
Peter

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think if the US restarted the draft thing it would be a good thing. If everyone had to go, it would be a much shorter war and if EVERYONE were up for service we as a nation might think twice before getting in to this kind of mess. I read an article about how cowards are quick to send other people to war and not their own children. Did you serve? Did you ever try to enlist? Were you called, would you have gone?
I tried,years ago, and now I know I am physically not up to the challenge. I tried. Did you?
I had to sit and wait to see if my brother was to go to Iraq. Did you have to wait for anything like that? Until the answer to all these questions is yes you have no voice on the war or the draft. You can spout all the bull you want, but until the answer is yes to all the questions asked you have no voice. Have a nice holiday and enjoy what the BRAVE soldiers have brought you. Thank them for doing your service for you.

Unknown said...

Have a good Thanksgiving.

Peter said...

Hey Anonymous,


Welcome to the OPN,


I think if the US restarted the draft thing it would be a good thing. If everyone had to go, it would be a much shorter war and if EVERYONE were up for service we as a nation might think twice before getting in to this kind of mess. I read an article about how cowards are quick to send other people to war and not their own children. Did you serve? Did you ever try to enlist? Were you called, would you have gone?


Um OK. I get your point about everyone serving. That’s not a Draft. If you mean that we had a program where every person from 18 to 20 had to join a branch of service. I’m not sure I would have a problem with that. The Military is great. Further education, experience, the teaching of responsibility, health care, ETC. Not sure I would have a problem with that.


To answer your question, I know where you are going with this. I’ll address that in a second. To answer your questions. No. Looked into it. No. MOST DEFINITELY!


I tried,years ago, and now I know I am physically not up to the challenge. I tried. Did you?

I had to sit and wait to see if my brother was to go to Iraq. Did you have to wait for anything like that? Until the answer to all these questions is yes you have no voice on the war or the draft. You can spout all the bull you want, but until the answer is yes to all the questions asked you have no voice. Have a nice holiday and enjoy what the BRAVE soldiers have brought you. Thank them for doing your service for you.



So you say you tried years ago. Why did they not take you? Now you say your not in shape to serve. I HAVE friends in Iraq. I have friends that have been and come back. IF my Son, Joshua, was to say to me when he is at the age. “Dad, I want to join the Military.” I would be EXTREMELY Proud of him. Of course I would be concerned for his well being and safety, but I would be PROUD of him. I would even drive him the where he had to go.


I’m not sure what you misunderstood about what I wrote, or HOW in the WORLD did you ever get the feeling I’m anti Soldier. I support the troops at any opportunity. I shake their hands. I thank them all the time. I am VERY thankful for not only these, but ALL that have died that we may have the freedoms we have.


Now for your argument “Until the answer to all these questions is yes you have no voice on the war or the draft.” That is just completely idiotic. You just said that you didn’t serve. So with this argument, YOU have no voice in the war. Have you ever been sick, with a life changing illness? If no, then you cannot talk about it. How about this? Have you ever been President? Walk a mile in his shoes? If not, then you cannot know what it’s like to be President, therefore YOU have no voice in what the President does.


EVERYONE has an opinion, and every opinion matters. Just because you have not personally experienced something, doesn’t mean you do not fully understand and have a right to talk about it. To say otherwise, is just an idiotic and ignorant statement.
Peter

Peter said...

Hey Sam,

Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours. I hope you have an extremely blessed Holiday and a safe one. If you are like me, you will eat too much, and fall asleep in your chair. But, at least you are surrounded by those that love you, and those you love.
Peter

Anonymous said...

I still think a draft would be a good thing. Your fight for the lack of the draft is crazy, at best,loonny at worst!If a draft were instituted would you be called? Yes, I tried to sign up. my helth stood in the way. did you?
did you try to join orrrrrrrrr??????

Peter said...

Hey again,


First, could you at least just make up a name so I do not have to keep saying Hey again, or Anonymous. I understand if you chose not to use your real name. Just say Susy, or Bill, or even John, {Doe that is} At least it will seem a little more personal.


I’m glad you seem to think the Draft is a good thing. It’s not even necessary right now though. The recruiting numbers have far surpassed even high expectations. Those that are serving us right now are there because they WANT to be. Not because they HAVE to be. Have you ever done a job that you didn’t want to do, but HAD to do? I bet you didn’t give 100 percent.


As for would I be called? No. Too old. If I was, I would go. I have no problem with that.


Did I ever try to join? I was standing in the recruiter’s office right before my 18th birthday. I was planning on joining the M.P. s {Military Police} Due to various reasons I chose not too. The number one reason was family needs. It was also a completely different time then as well. I regret that decision now. Hind sight and all that. I would be one year away from a full 20 year service and full military retirement. If I were 18 right now? You bet I would be signing up to go fight for this country.


Is it really a draft you are looking for, or a program where every youth regardless of sex, race, religion., social status, or any other differences, serve in a branch of the military starting on their 18th Birthday, regardless of war or peace time? Just curious.
Peter