Thursday, November 09, 2006

Bipartisanship Promised By Both Sides

Hey folks,

First I have to say this. I apologize to you folks right off the bat. For the first time EVER, since the inception of the OPN site, there will be no IWA, "Just My Thoughts" or any daily articles this weekend. I will be out of the office from this Friday through Sunday. I’m on my way to Tallahassee for a very special get together and Birthday. But do not fret, I’ll be back in the office on Monday. I will see you then when we pick up where we leave off today.

Congratulation to Charlie Crist. I know he will make a great Governor here is Florida. There is just something about him. More on him when I return. I truly believe he will do a great job.

So ALL day today, people were asking me what I truly thought about the loss. The win. Depending on which side your on. Then I started hearing all kinds of theories, allegations, and passing of the blame. Then to top it all off, Rumsfeld is resigning. So what do I think?

Well, as I said to you yesterday,

"Now I hope the President is going to say what I’m about to say here. It’s time, like it or not, that we, ALL Americans, extend our hands to the Democrats, and even the Looneys that are running them, and attempt to trust them. Americans voted them in, lets see if they truly DO have a better direction for America. {I’ll reserve my right to say why I think they were voted in for a later time}"

After he announced Rumsfeld’s resignation, praising him for his service, and announcing Robert Gates, who was head of the CIA under President George H. W. Bush, as Rumsfeld's successor, he did say pretty much the same exact thing I did. He said,

"The message was clear: The American people want their leaders in Washington to set aside partisan differences, conduct ourselves in an ethical manner, and work together to address the challenges facing our nation,"

Simply put, the Left won. The American people voted them in. The elections are over {Sort of} and now it’s time to move on. That’s it. That’s the way I see it. We live in a country that is so great that WE have the power. WE decide who will control the Government. We had elections, the people spoke, the Democrats won. It is just that simple.

Now of course we can spend the next two years talking about what went wrong. We could spend the next two years arguing, fighting, suing, etc. But what would be the point? Other than a waste of time and resources. Notice though, as a side note, there are no cries of foul, or voting irregularities? No lawsuits. No whining. The Mass Media Drones are not calling for investigations. Why would they? Their people got in. But neither is the Republicans.

Now, President Bush said he wants to work with the Democrats. Nancy Pelosi said,

"The voters spoke for change and they spoke for a new direction for all Americans."

She said voters specifically demanded a change in course on the war in Iraq and urged President Bush "to listen to the voice of the people."

" Democrats are prepared to lead," she told a news conference in the Capitol. "We are prepared to govern in a bipartisan way."

So both sides are calling for a bipartisan government. I hope my predictions are wrong. I TRULY do. I hope they DO reach out to each other. I hope we can truly find a better way for the war, and for this country. Working together, there is nothing we cannot accomplish. I hope that they can do this.

Look, as I said to you back on April 22, 2006,

"I have been told that I’m too hard on the Liberals and the Left. I’ve been called a hate monger, Republican Radical, "one of those" Christian "Looneys", etc It doesn’t matter how many times I say I’m an Independent, the Left just cannot stand the fact I tell the truth about the failures and idiocies of the fridge’s actions. Since I speak out against them, TRY to help them, do not blindly follow their lead and drink the cool aid, I must be a Conservative Christian Right Wing Radical. Wrong. But, they will believe as they do."

Break,,,,

"The only way to stop this, or at least slow it down, is to bring balance back to the government. With only 199 days left to the election, and two and halve years til 2008, the left is running out of time. They NEED to stop playing the stupid games. They NEED to forget Bush. Get in there and change the things you do not like. With the House, Senate, and even Supreme Court all controlled by one party, the party has antepenultimate power. I would feel this way no matter which party is in this situation. There must be a balance. In nearly every case, ultimate power leads to ultimate destruction. But the Left is NOT going to get there with "Hate Bush". They are not going to get there with "Impeach Bush". They are not going to get there without a plan."

You can read the whole thing from the Archives "Antepenultimate Power / Utter Destruction" My point then, and still now, is that the Democrats being in control, brings balance back to the government. I tried to help them in the early days, then I started to see them loose their minds. I started to see the Left being taken over by the LWL. The far Left fringe. The Looneys. I changed my mind because of the importance of our safety, security, economy, etc. Those that are the leadership of the Left, have lived up to the LWL title. I chose that the best thing for this country, is the ones with the boat. The boat I can see.

But now that they have won. The American people have voted them in, as Rush puts it, they beat something with nothing, I hope I’m wrong. I will be the first to apologize if I am. I hope that they leave their looney ways, and actually work to make this country better. If they do that, they will have my full support. But they cannot keep operating as the LWL.

Then I saw this. This reminded me that they Mass Media also need to stop this bunk. According to the BBC,

"The resignation of the US Defense Secretary Donald Rumsfeld shows how much the Bush administration is in disarray about Iraq.

The president made it quite clear at a news conference after the election that he had decided beforehand that a "fresh perspective" was needed at the Pentagon.


This means that, win or lose the election, Mr Bush had decided that things were going badly enough to remove one of the architects of the war.

In fact, when Mr Bush told reporters last week that Mr Rumsfeld would be staying on, he had already spoken to Mr Rumsfeld about leaving. He said to the news conference that "win or lose, Bob Gates was going to become the nominee."

Republicans in disarray? Bush feels that things are going so badly, he needed to remove Rumsfeld? He already talked to him about leaving? Wrong, and, are you kidding me?

Yes we have a LONG way to go. But as long as the LWL become the Democratic party once again, and President Bush keeps his word to work in bipartisan ways, and the MMD finally start reporting accurate news instead of partisan politicking, we just MAY be better off.

Remember folks, I will not be here for the next three days. Have a great weekend. Fret not, I will return on Monday. See you all then.
Peter


Sources:

AP- "Bush pledges to work with Democrats"
BBC - "Rumsfeld departure shakes Bush administration"

USA Today- "Bush says he'll meet Democratic 'thumping' with bipartisanship"

2 comments:

Jodin said...

About Impeachment....
Sometimes reprimanding a child (President) doesn't make the family (Washington) a happy place. But you still have to do it so the child and his siblings (future presidents) learns about accountability. Holding government officials accountable for their actions strengthens our democracy. Letting lawlessness stand weakens it.

Peter said...

Hey Causal,

Welcome to the OPN,


I guess by using this line of thinking, we will not have to worry about a President ignoring the security of this nation, while lying to the grand jury, while having an adulterous affair. {Getting a BJ in the Oval Office} Right? {Smile}
Peter