Thursday, November 23, 2006

Happy Thanksgiving

Hey folks,

I wish you all a happy and healthy Thanksgiving. I know that we will all eat too much and be sleepy later. Just remember those things that you have to be thankful for. Here is some of mine.

First and foremost, I am thankful to God. For without him, I would not be here. I am thankful for Jesus’s death that I may live.

The most important thing to me on earth, and the reason I’m most thankful is my Son Joshua. Everyday I watch him grow, learn, and love. His is an unconditional love and judgement free of anyone. If you are bad to him, he doesn’t like you. If you are nice to him, he likes you. He doesn’t care what you are, where you come from, what you look like, how much you have or do not have. Just WHO you are.

I learn things everyday, by observing life and the world through his eyes. It is amazing from time to time. I love the fact that he has a simplistic way of seeing things. Hungry, eat. Tired, sleep. Want to play, play. He is not torn apart by worry about this or that. He lives and loves.

Then I have to say that I’m thankful for my Wife and family. They are what has, and continue to be, mold me, keep me in check, and shown me the unconditional love that I am now able to pass on.

I’m thankful for my friends. All those that are always there, {When you want them to be or not.} {Smile} All those I consider to be more like family members than anything else. I love the fact that I have people that depend on me and that I have an opportunity to help them, as they have and do help me.

I’m thankful to live in this country. Where we DO have the freedoms noone else in the world have. Where we can be what we want to be. Do what we want to do. Even if it’s not the most popular thing. We have a right to free speech. Many of us know all about the freedom to disagree with the government and not worry about being put in prison, tortured, or killed.

I’m EXTREMELY thankful for those that have given us that right and those that ensure we keep it. The men and women of the US Military.
I’m thankful for being able to be here. With you. On a nearly daily bases. I’m thankful that I’ve been told that I have helped some of you Some of you have helped me and touched me in ways I could never even think about trying to say. Just Thank you.

So this Thanksgiving, take a moment. Remove yourself from the crowds in your home, and just simply, reflect. Think about all those things that you are thankful for. Think about where you would be without them. If there is someone you are thankful for, just simply TELL them. That, in and of itself, may make a difference in their lives that could not possibly understand.

Again folks, I wish you a very happy and healthy Thanksgiving. May all be well with you. See you all tomorrow.
Peter

No comments: