Thursday, November 02, 2006

Kerry’s Apology, Is No Apology

Hey folks,

I want you to hold up your hand, {Doesn’t matter which one} extend your fingers and thumb, count. That’s right, 5 very sort days to go until "Judgement Day." 5 days to go until the possible beginning of the dark days of the Looney’s takeover being complete. They have taken over and all but destroyed the once great Democratic Party, and now, they could very well take over the country. 5 days until the possibility of YOUR taxes going up. YOUR safety and security is thrown out the window. The increased possibility of our country being attacked again. No possibility of true illegal immigration reform and enforcement. The power is YOURS to make this happen, or prevent it. It is in YOUR hands.

As I said yesterday, "Yes Kerry NEEDS to apologize, or the LWL NEED to come out against him for this." Well, they did. BIG time. Kerry has been asked to apologize for his COMPLETELY stupid comments that called our military personnel "stupid hicks." While some continued to attempt to spin, and redefine what Kerry said, more on that in a second, even some in the MMD see this for what it was, and was calling for Kerry to apologize. Some even went so far as to simply tell the truth, that they hoped this would just go away. Maybe just have just gotten tired of trying to hide their bias. This exchange between Suzanne
Malveaux and Paula Zaun on CNN is priceless

Malveaux said, "We hope and we think that all of this is going to go away tomorrow, but we'll just have to wait and see."

Zahn responded, "Oh, I don't know whether we can count on that or not."

Then someone sent me these two articles by Paul Abrams and Steve Young of the Huffington Post. You can read the whole articles in the comment section of yesterday’s "Daily Article." Paul Abrams of the "Huffy Post" attempted to spin it this way,

"Kerry's remarks were clearly taken out of context", "Since Kerry never said what they claimed, and one must assume he never has even thought it"

Then he goes on to say that Bush, Cheney and Limbaugh, must feel this way. Sorry, I know I’ll be accused of just attacking this article. But truth is truth. That is just plain insane. One, no one took his comments out of context. He said,

"You know, education, if you make the most of it and you study hard and you do your homework and you make an effort to be smart, you -- you can do well. If you don't, you get stuck in Iraq."

Second, He SAID EXACTLY that. Third, you "assume" that he never thought it? He has been attacking the military for 30 years. Most recently about how our "Men and women of the military are going into peoples houses in the dead of night, and terrorizing men, women, and children."

Then Young’s attempt is to keep it as "The Botched Joke" {Sigh}

At least David Espo, AP Special Correspondent, got it right, sort of,

"Fearful of damaging his own party in next week's elections, Sen. John Kerry apologized Wednesday to "any service member, family member or American" offended by remarks deemed by Republicans and Democrats to be insulting to U.S. forces in Iraq."

That and he was TOLD to. Remember just yesterday? "I apologize to no one." Three attepts to explain away what he meant vs what he said. Today an apology? But his apology, was no apology. He said on his site,

"As a combat veteran, I want to make it clear to anyone in uniform and to their loved ones: my poorly stated joke at a rally was not about, and never intended to refer to any troop.

I sincerely regret that my words were misinterpreted to wrongly imply anything negative about those in uniform, and I personally apologize to any service member, family member, or American who was offended.

It is clear the Republican Party would rather talk about anything but their failed security policy. I don’t want my verbal slip to be a diversion from the real issues. I will continue to fight for a change of course to provide real security for our country, and a winning strategy for our troops."

Translation time folks, "I apologize that I said what I said and that you got offended. I meant it, but I have to take it back. Screw you, I’m not going to. I apologize that you were too stupid to understand what I said. There I apologized. Can I go now?"

This is no apology. "I apologize that my words were misinterpreted," Is not saying, I’m sorry I said something stupid, that offended you. The military was holding up signs yesterday with all the words mis-spelled saying "Help us John Kerry" I guess they were too stupid to know what you meant also, right Senator?

Oh by the way, if you did not mean it, then why did you cancel a bunch of appearances? Or did they ask you too?

5 days to go folks. 5 short days. You want these looneys in office? Vote for them. If you are clearly seeing that the Democratic party is no more, and that you want taxes to be kept low, the country safe, economy great, win the war, and not spend the next two years doing nothing but investigation after investigation to "Get Bush", then do not let them win. Get ready. Go VOTE.

Peter

Sources:
John Kerry Website
AP- "Kerry sorry for 'stuck in Iraq' remarks"

USA Today-"Kerry cancels appearances over 'botched joke'"
Paul Abrams
Newsbusters

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

http://www.crooksandliars.com/2006/11/01/olbermanns-special-comment-there-is-no-line-this-president-has-not-crossed-nor-will-not-cross-to-keep-one-political-party-in-power/

Peter said...

And you can wave off this latest comment from Kerry how?

I'll watch the link later. But Kerry said it, and meant it.
Peter