Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Democrats Win Possibly All

Hey folks,

"Tonight is a great victory for the American people. Today the American people voted for change, and they voted for Democrats to take our country in a new direction." Speaker of the House to be Nancy Pelosi

"It's a great night for Democrats, it's a great night for America," Sen. Charles Schumer, head of the Democratic Senatorial Campaign Committee, told supporters at the Hyatt in Washington around midnight as Democrats celebrated their wins. "We will tell you and all of America, not only can we do better, but we will do better."

Rahm Emanuel, D-Ill., head of the Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee, vowed Democrats would reach across the "partisan divide" and set aside the "bitterness of the last few years," adding that his party would extend the hand of cooperation to the Bush White House.

"You have given us a chance to turn this country around and we'll give you a government that no longer lets you down," Emanuel told supporters.

"Americans all over America tonight have said, 'we want change,'" said Senate Minority Leader Harry Reid of Nevada. "Americans have come to the conclusion, as we did months ago, that we must change direction in Iraq."

Yes folks, you voted in the Democrats. This is one time I absolutely hope I’m wrong. I absolutely hope that Rahm Emanuel, D-Ill., head of the Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee, is right and being truthful when he said that the Democrats would reach across the "partisan divide" and set aside the "bitterness of the last few years," adding that his party would extend the hand of cooperation to the Bush White House.

I doubt it. They are nothing but a bunch of lying, cowardly, vindictive, ignorant, hate filled people. WAIT, not all the Democrats, the LWL that controls them.

You know, I’m standing on my dock, looking out across the water. Two people come to me and tell me that we MUST get to the other side. One points to a boat, and says, "I know we must get to the other side. I have this boat. I will get you there as long as you help me, we will get there together. It will be a hard work, but we will make it."

The other says to me, "Don’t listen to him. Look at that boat. It’s old, beat up, and barely afloat. I’ll get you there better, and smarter. Trust me." So I ask "How?" I’m told, "smarter and better", then I’m told again how bad the boat looks.

The American people seem to have voted for the guy without any means to get us to the other side. They have seemingly given up the boat which we can see and touch for blind faith in what someone tells them, or NOT tells them. I hope they have a boat.

Here is another problem. We may not know for a while the truth of this election. I hope it is not as bad as 2000, but it has potential of being just that. From voting machine problems, ACORN submitting 35 THOUSAND fake voter registrations {That’s what they got caught with, who knows how much actually got through} too races that are so close recounts are going to be demanded. Investigations will be commencing. As Reuters pointed out,

"Virginia Democrat James Webb had an 8,000-vote advantage over Republican Sen. George Allen (news, bio, voting record) out of more than 2 million cast. A potential recount could stretch into December, leaving Senate control uncertain."

According to them,

"Bush scheduled a news conference for 1 p.m. EST (1800 GMT) to discuss the results."

As NewsMax said about Lieberman,

"The raucous victory celebration tonight for Sen. Joseph Lieberman is doubly sweet. Not only did the three-term Democrat-turned-independent lawmaker win by a mandate margin, but he pulled it off in a way that both makes and defies history."

They say,

"But whatever the postmortem results, Lieberman has somehow reinvented politics and staked claim to a brave new world of something that might best be called bi-partisanship."

Now I hope the President is going to say what I’m about to say here. It’s time, like it or not, that we, ALL Americans, extend our hands to the Democrats, and even the Looneys that are running them, and attempt to trust them. Americans voted them in, lets see if they truly DO have a better direction for America. {I’ll reserve my right to say why I think they were voted in for a later time}

I hope I’m wrong in my predictions of higher taxes, Amnesty, doing away with our safety and security, cut and run in Iraq, and the whole "Get Bush" agenda for the next two years. If you stayed home and did not vote, Just remember, YOU voted these people in as well. Now we have to try to live with it.

Congratulations to the Left, now let’s make this country better as you claim. Now is your chance.
Peter

Sources:

FoxNews- "Democrats Take Control of House, GOP Battles to Avoid Capitol Hill Sweep"
NewsMax-"Lieberman Makes History In Connecticut"

Reuters

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The democrats won both houses. Is that killing you? how will the president handle this congress? One he must answer to and not just seek a rubberstamp from for whatever he wants? Today is a good day! The neo-cons have had their day and they lost the popular vote this time. now the neocons will cry fowl. claiming voting machine error or voter fraud. Same thing WE were accused of years ago.Funny how the worm turns.

Peter said...

Welcome to the OPN,


Nope. Not killing me. Nope, the Republicans do not cry foul, nor do they sue. We had an election, they lost. Time to move on and try to work together. I just hope I'm wrong in my predictions that if they do nothing but concentrate on "getting Bush" for the next two years, our safety and security, and that of our children will be put at risk.

I am willing, as I have, to extend my hand and hope we can work together. But they have A LOT to overcome from their past to be trusted fully. I am willing to give them a chance though.
Peter