Tuesday, September 26, 2006

End of Day Roundup September 26, 2006

Hey folks,

I just stopped in to answer a couple of questions, correct a misnomer, and point out some observations.

First the serious stuff. I was asked a few times, what my take on the whole Clinton meltdown on fox. How could I possibly pass up "should a golden opportunity." How could I let such a piece of USDA Prime beef of a news story pass by." "What is wrong with you?" So on and so forth.

Truth is, when I saw the interview and the melt down late Sunday, I KNEW that this would be a HUGH news story for days to come. The Clinton defenders will be defending him. The Clinton attackers will be attacking. The usual suspects on both sides. I also have never been a big Clinton basher. Even in the heat of the whole thing, I wasn’t attacking him on a daily bases. As I see it,

1- He is not in office anymore. What is done is done.
2- He just showed his TRUE side. The people will make their own decision as to if they want these people back in power, but I do not believe this meltdown will be positive or that much of a negative. See point one.
3- The lies he threw out there, are just too easily found out. Check out
Rush from today.

Even according to The Washington Post, Secretary of State Rice put the record straight when she said,

"We were not left a comprehensive strategy to fight al Qaeda," Rice responded during the hourlong session."

4- I just do not believe I could possibly add anything to this. He got angry at a stupid question, and he felt his "Spun legacy" was called into question and he lost it. If you want continuous coverage of this story, you have a vast array of outlets to chose from.

Topic two,

The leaked report that "blames us" make that the Bush Administration, for increased terrorists and the "fact" that we are less safe today because of Iraq. Now I do not know if this guy is legit or not, but according to a fellow blogger, Spook86 , who claims to be retired Intel. personnel, and claims the following comes straight from this report,

"In one of its early paragraphs, the estimate notes progress in the struggle against terrorism, stating the U.S.-led efforts have "seriously damaged Al Qaida leadership and disrupted its operations." Didn't see that in the NYT article.

Or how about this statement, which--in part--reflects the impact of increased pressure on the terrorists: "A large body of reporting indicates that people identifying themselves as jihadists is increasing...however, they are largely decentralized, lack a coherent strategy and are becoming more diffuse." Hmm...doesn't sound much like Al Qaida's pre-9-11 game plan.

The report also notes the importance of the War in Iraq as a make or break point for the terrorists: "Should jihadists leaving Iraq perceive themselves to have failed, we judge that fewer will carry on the fight." It's called a ripple effect.

More support for the defeating the enemy on his home turf: "Threats to the U.S. are intrinsically linked to U.S. success or failure in Iraq." President Bush and senior administration officials have made this argument many times--and it's been consistently dismissed by the "experts" at the WaPo and Times.

And, some indication that the "growing" jihad may be pursuing the wrong course: "There is evidence that violent tactics are backfiring...their greatest vulnerability is that their ultimate political solution (shar'a law) is unpopular with the vast majority of Muslims." Seems to contradict MSM accounts of a jihadist tsunami with ever-increasing support in the global Islamic community..

The estimate also affirms the wisdom of sowing democracy in the Middle East: "Progress toward pluralism and more responsive political systems in the Muslim world will eliminate many of the grievances jihadists exploit." As I recall, this the core of our strategy in Afghanistan and Iraq."


This should be interesting to see what happens when the full report comes out. Like I said this morning,

"WAIT A MINUTE!!!! I got it. LOL. I am willing to bet you this folks. The Bush Administration WILL release the whole thing. But not right this second. This will be brilliant if this is true. Maybe they had every intention of releasing it all along. But NOW with the NYT and the LWL pulling things out of context and attempting to get you to believe that the report shows that America and the Bush Administration is to blame on the "increase of terrorists" and it is all our fault, the evils in this world, maybe they are letting them run with it for a bit. Allowing them to dig more of a hole. Then they will release it showing how wrong they were. Again."

This brings me to a misnomer to dismiss. OK folks, this one is just funny. I was told today, which I also heard, that Rush was mimicking or echoing this very statement. That he was saying the same EXACT thing that I said this morning. "Hey maybe he’s an OPNer." LOL. Folks, I can feel pretty safe to assume that he is not. Maybe one of his staff, maybe. Maybe one of them saw what I wrote? But I feel a better explanation is SIMPLE. He is echoing, along with Sean Hannity, what I said this morning, because we are astute students of history. We all know, that in the past, lies the future. In other words, {For those that need a little extra help in understanding} "If you do not learn from history, you are bound to repeat it."

We KNOW what the LWL has done in the past. They FAIL every time. They are doing the same thing with this report, or better yet, this very small piece of this report. It is EASY to see what could be coming. Most average Americans that have even remotely followed the fail attempts in the past could see this coming.

I do not believe Rush is an OPNer, it would be cool if he was, but I feel safer to assume that we are sounding a lot alike because we are all simply telling the truth.

I hope this clears up a few things for some of you. Have a great night, and I’ll see you in the AM
Peter

No comments: