Sunday, September 03, 2006

Behind The OPN Screen {3}

Hey folks,

Happy Sunday evening to you. Hey, most of you still have tomorrow off. Happy Holiday to you as well. Here is your third addition, of a look behind the scenes, or screen, here at the OPN. Updates, past dates, new things coming, old things going, ETC. I will even share, with your permission, your emails or questions you may have. Just a inside look at things here.

Updates- "Just My Thoughts" segment will be continuing. Your second one was yesterday. Some of you that have known me elsewhere for a while may have recognized this one, do not worry, there will be new stuff in upcoming segments.

New Things Coming- Still the possibility of advertisers coming, still do not know, just want to let you know of the possibility. I will give warning first. I know some that absolutely HATE sites with a bunch of ads.

The idea of a LIVE OPN? I am currently looking into this more seriously. I took it as a joke at first. But I will do a test run, no one will see soon. Just to see if I can deal with it myself. {Smile} Again as with anything else here at the OPN, feel free to let me know what you think. As I’ve said before, I care what you think. So let me know. Either here in the comment section, email, IM, or even for those of you that know the number, phone calls.

I'm also thinking about a new segment entitled "I'm an Idiot" in which I would have a debate with someone, such as Betty, in a back and forth type format. She seems to like this idea since she thinks I'm an idiot.{Smile}. We are working it out as I type this. Look for it soon.

Q&A-

"Do you have a team of people that help you research stories?"

No. I have some that email me ideas, or tell me about stories they found interesting. I either use them or not, depending on vast numerous reasons. But research and fact finding is done by me. Unlike some, whatever I say here, I take full credit for. If I am wrong, then I will apologize and correct it. I of course cannot be responsible for those that comment in the comment section, but whatever I say, I am.

"Do you censor comments?"

If you mean those , like Betty and Sam, that leave comments in the comment section, no. NEVER. I would never censor YOUR opinion. Hinder YOUR freedom of speech. If you feel like leaving a comment saying "I’m an Idiot, Wingnut, Asshole, whatever" Feel free. If you leave a comment that you know that I will dislike, disagree with, whatever, feel free. All I ask is that you back your insult with actual facts, and reasons, as to why you feel this way. But I will not censor your comments.

"PICTURES???"

LOL,, I’m working on it.{Smile} I’m going to create a photo bucket, like I have for Joshua, strictly for the OPN. I talk about different personal things, and things I am involved in, like dinners, parties, trips, and such. I usually take pictures at these things. So I will start posting them there and on the site. Just to help you fully understand how fun, or bad, some of these things are.

"How many people do you estimate actually read your stuff?"

OK, I’ll say that, this, is the million dollar question this time around. Truth is, I have absolutely NO idea. I do not have a hit register, counter, or anything else. I am not sure I even care. I know there are many people that are true OPNers. I know many people hit and miss. {Come on every now and then, for those who need a little extra help in understanding} I’ve been told a lot. I’ve been told average. I’m been told, "Why would anyone care what you think?" {Smile} I just keep plowing along because I love it.

If you have any questions, please feel free to email them to me at opntalk@netscape.net . I will answer them in upcoming "Behind the OPN Screen" segments. I do not censor questions either. Until next time. Be well, during this Holiday weekend, be safe, and remember, NEVER drink and drive.
Peter

No comments: