Tuesday, September 05, 2006

"Bravado Is Not A Defense Against Terrorism"

Hey folks,

Betty sent me this article from The Huffington Post for me to ponder. OK I pondered.
The basic concept of the article is "bravado is not a defense against terrorism". Also it seems that they took offense to the Vice President, and Defense Secretary’s comments as of late, that there ARE appeasers and apologists for the enemy. As I said, truth hurts. There are. But according to the article,

"Bush suggested last week that Democrats are promising voters to block additional money for continuing the war. Vice President Cheney this week said critics "claim retreat from Iraq would satisfy the appetite of the terrorists and get them to leave us alone." And Defense Secretary Donald H. Rumsfeld, citing passivity toward Nazi Germany before World War II, said that "many have still not learned history's lessons" and "believe that somehow vicious extremists can be appeased."

Pressed to support these allegations, the White House yesterday could cite no major Democrat who has proposed cutting off funds or suggested that withdrawing from Iraq would persuade terrorists to leave Americans alone."


This is the absolute truth. I do not understand what the problem is. U.S. Rep. Jim MCGovern introduced a bill ending funding for Iraq, Harry Reid is saying we are spending to much. Pelosi is saying we need to get out. Kerry voted for, before he voted against it, or vise versa. Are you kidding me? The LWL and those anti-war folks, have been fighting for us to get out, and to cut spending, {Which would mean we need to leave} for years. Noone, including Tim Russert apparently, can find any of these people. Did they all take a trip out of the country, not that this would be bad thing. {Smile}

(AP) Key Democratic leaders in the House and Senate have united to call on President Bush to begin pulling U.S. troops out of Iraq by the end of the year, citing an overtaxed military, billions of dollars spent and ongoing sectarian violence.

In a letter to Bush released Monday, the Democrats backed a plan for the "phased redeployment" of troops.

"U.S. forces in Iraq should transition to a more limited mission focused on counter terrorism, training and logistical support of Iraqi security forces and force protection of U.S. personnel," the Democrats wrote." Whole story here

Back to the Huffy Post,

"Military force is ineffective against insurgencies. The U.S., U.S.S.R. and Great Britain were able to defeat the Nazis on the battlefield because the Nazis were on the battlefield. Yet despite the administration's acknowledgement that the terrorist threat is "a different kind of enemy," they still believe terrorism can be defeated militarily."

So their answer to this is?? The do not give one. They say the cold war was won "as the result of armed conflict or 'appeasement', but by tough-minded negotiation based on rock-solid intelligence, all backed by a credible threat of force."

Thanks to President Reagan. But we are not, nor can we, compare this to the Cold War. This is what they keep talking about. What I keep saying. Those who seem to be the loudest in this whole "get Bush" at any cost, has NO idea of history. This "Little Hitler" cannot be negotiated with. It is not possible. All he understands is force. He is afraid of Bush, because he knows that Bush could at anytime wipe him out. Those that attempt to cut funding, and appease this guy, are HELPING him. He has attacked Israel, said he would give up half his country to wipe them off the face of the map. Said he will have nuclear power. Thumbs his nose at the UN, who backs off immediately, who wants us dead.

What do you offer someone who simply wants you dead? There is nothing you can offer them. They want you dead.

This writer Coleen Rowely, {No relation that I’m aware of to Chief Rowley} is clearly a card carrying member of the Bushwhackers club. Seemingly has no concept of actually history. All this article seems to be is LWL talking points. Strictly an attempt to convince the LWL followers that they need another leader in this war. OK, what is THEIR plan? It doesn’t say. Bush is so bad, how would they do things differently? They don’t say. "Tough negotiations"? OK, what would they say, offer, compromise? What is it they feel will lessen the threat against us? They don’t say.

She also, I love this, blames Ronald Reagan and Bush Sr. {But of course NOT Clinton, who helped Hussein, could have had Osama bin Laden handed to him, which would have prevented all of this, and gave North Korea Nuclear capabilities, complete with fuel} for Iraq. LOL. Like I said, I got it, I pondered it, and find this article nothing more than more Hate Bush rhetoric not based in any kind of actual facts.
Peter

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I see you have a reading disorder. The quotes you present bare little resemblance to the article I sent you. I see you presenting an edited version of said article. Yes you provide the link to the full piece but you don't even try to present any side other than the right wing agenda side.
Let's use some logic here..................................................................The bull you are spouting is nothing more than the GOP party line. of course you don't see it as such but it is.See the "truth" is not as absolute as you seem to think. From my reading your opinions on many subjects I have found you to be a close minded, self important guy that has little interest in debate. For a debate might mean conceding a point if you are wrong. You have not once accepted any opinion( other than yours) as valid. Funny how you seem to live in a bubble.


http://www.huffingtonpost.com/coleen-rowley/demagoguery-wont-keep-us_b_28612.html

Betty

Peter said...

Hey Betty,

I will respond as soon as I can, busy week this week. But you are wrong. {Smile}
Peter

Peter said...

Hey Betty,

You say, “The quotes you present bare little resemblance to the article I sent you”.

Actually Betty, the quotes I presented come STRAIGHT from the article. Hence, quotes. If they had nothing to do with the article, then why did the writer write them?

You, “I see you presenting an edited version of said article.”

Nope. Pointing out complete and utter untruths. Commenting on the writer’s own words that she attempted to present as facts, when they are far from it.

Interruption,,,

You, “The bull you are spouting is nothing more than the GOP party line. of course you don't see it as such but it is.See the "truth" is not as absolute as you seem to think.”

Truth, remains a constant. Always has, always will. Points of view, or interpretation of the truth varies. Half of the glass is occupied by liquid, half is occupied by air. Some say it is half full, some half empty, some argue that it is water, some juice, some may even argue it does not exists at all. But the truth is, half of the glass is occupied by liquid, half is occupied by air. Just because I pointed out the truth, and you disagree, doesn’t mean it’s not the truth. I pointed out how the writer is wrong, and backed it with FACT. You say I’m close minded and self important, because I do not drink the same cool aid. I supported my disagreement with facts, you?

As for me having little interest in debate?? LOL. What do you think I’m doing here, at NTL, and elsewhere for the past ten years? I love debate. I love those that disagree with me. I have no problem admitting when I’m wrong. I’ll even publically admit it and have had my opinion changed when someone presented me with facts. But they have to prove me wrong first. So your little assertion that “You have not once accepted any opinion( other than yours) as valid.” is just flat out wrong.

Back to “Let's use some logic here” OK, Let’s

When the writer uses words like “Bravado is not a defense against terrorism” Compares him to Chamberlain, procreates absolute untruths, and completely ignores Clinton’s part of nearly destroying our security and the aiding the trouble in the middle east, to take shots at Bush Sr. and Reagan, you pretty much know where she is coming from.

Let me ask you a question. Let’s say for a sec. I believe all the psychotic garbage out there. Everything from Bush is the anti-Christ who blew up the WTC, is failing in Iraq, and created the worse economy in history. {We’ll leave out that he blew the levies in New Orléans to flood the Blacks, so the Whites would have less damage. It doesn’t really apply here} Let’s say I believe it. {I don’t as is obvious} YOUR people want to get into power to make the country better. Why should I vote for them?

This is not a sarcastic question. I’m serious. Tell me what they have relaid to you is their plans. What will they do to protect us? What will they do to improve the economy? What will they do for the environment, and health care? Where do they stand on education? On boarder security? What is their plans, if they actually fool enough people to get elected? “Vote for Change”. OK, what is the change? Maybe you can tell me what they have told you, one of the people they claim to be all for. They would never tell me, because they think I’m a “wingnut” {I love that name} So help me out here. Other than cut and run, appease the terr,,,sorry, good guys and atone for the sins of America, and get Bush, what is their plans?
Peter

Anonymous said...

I do not pretend to be in any power position in this nation nor do I pretend to know the true workings of the parties involved in running it. I do know I never said any of this


Let me ask you a question. Let’s say for a sec. I believe all the psychotic garbage out there. Everything from Bush is the anti-Christ who blew up the WTC, is failing in Iraq, and created the worse economy in history. {We’ll leave out that he blew the levies in New Orléans to flood the Blacks, so the Whites would have less damage. It doesn’t really apply here} Let’s say I believe it. {I don’t as is obvious} YOUR people want to get into power to make the country better.


let's just call a spade a spade, shall we?
Your political view is that of the right. Mine is that of the left.
You SAY you are an independent but your views ( as stated here) are straight up GOP. I have tried to send you proof on several issues but you dismiss any info you do not agree with.I am left with the opinion that you want to be right more than you want to hear the other side. I can not blame you for that because you will not change my mind on many things ( simply cuz I am right and you are wrong;) the same way I can't make you see the light on some stuff I feel is important.In more things than not we will not agree. I am sorry you can't just admit to being a republican and move on. Your life would be so much easier.
Look, when I came out as a lesbian to my daughter my life became sooooooooo much easier. When my friends and employers were told life became sooooooo much more comfortable. Come on Peter, you can do it. Repeat after me................................."I am a republican!"
Say it loud and say it proud! It will be ok. No one will think any less of you for telling us what is in your heart. On the contrary, we will admire the balls it took to make that admission.
As for the rest I think you can guess my response.
Let's move on to another subject
Betty