Saturday, September 18, 2010

IWA For Sunday 091910

Another Self Important Celeb.

Hey folks,

Time to wrap things up with the Idiot of the Week. Now, do not get me wrong here. I have no problem with someone enjoying their First Amendment Rights, and sharing what they think is important. However, this person, like a lot of other Celebrities, actually believes that their point of view trumps anyone else who thinks otherwise. They also think we CARE what they say.

Well, here she is. Ladies and Gentlemen, Lady Gaga.



Now many of you know where I stand on these issues. I do not care who YOU chose to sleep with. Other than the fact I'm Married and have a Son, and one on the way, there is no way of anyone knowing who I sleep with. My Wife of course, but I do not go up to people on the street and say, "Hey, I sleep with Women." I do not say "I'm Straight. Deal with it." So I do not need to know YOU are Gay, or whom YOU need to sleep with.

Second, Gay Marriage? You all know where I stand on that as well. There is NO Constitutional Right to Gay Marriage. There is NO Right to Marriage at all. I do not believe that the Government has any business in Marriage at all. Marriage SHOULD be between you, your loved one, and God.

Third, there is NO Constitutional Right to be Gay, Black, White, or pink with purple pokidots. No one should be discriminated against because of WHAT they are. Everyone needs to be treated with respect. No one group holds any special privilege over any other. No one deserves SPECIAL protection. Gays have NO special privileges because they are Gay.

How I see it, I extend my hand in friendship to all I meet. If I discover that they are not a good person, based on the content of their CHARACTER, I break ties. I judge people on WHO they are, again, not WHAT they are.

I'm sorry, but the Gay Rights Movement is NOT equal to the Civil Rights Movement of Blacks. Neither is the plight of Illegal Aliens. Lady Gaga feels that they all need "Constitutional Protection." Gaga partnered with Human Rights Campaign, spoke at the National Equality March Rally, criticized Arizona's Illegal Alien Enforcement Law and now she is going after Don't Ask, Don't tell.

You know Lady, I DO like some of your Music. You have a GREAT Body that you apparently like to show off. I like that too. But I really do not care what you think about Gays in the Military. You were like 5 years old when it started. Calling the Senators OLD is not a good way to win them over by the way. {Smile}

Congratulations Lady Gaga. For truly believing that the People in this Country CARE what you think about this, you ARE the Idiot of the Week. Now go make another Video that we can all get stuck in our head.
Peter

2 comments:

Severine said...

Reminds of that line in the movie Get Smart where the henchman points out to the villain that if they blow up Los Angeles that all the movie stars will get killed.

"Yes, what will we do without their keen political insight?"

Peter said...

Hey Severine,

Brilliant! I love that line. Thanks for stopping by.
Peter