Sunday, September 12, 2010

IWA For Sunday 091210

They TRULY believe we care.

Hey folks,

I remember talking about this before, however, can't find it. It may have been over at ETP. But I talked about how Stars live in a world where they're surrounded by "Yes People" 24 - 7. This environment has an effect on them. Eventually, some of them actually start believing that they matter. That they are important and the World hangs on their every word.

This is why people like Barbra Streisand comes out and writes letters to President Bush, all those misspellings and all, and thinks that he should listen to her. Or why Singer Sheryl Crow thinks we care what she thinks about the amount of Toilet Paper we should use. ETC.

After a while, after all those "Yes People" tell them how great they are, even when they tie their shoe, and after all the hype, some actually BELIEVE it. So this comes as no real surprise. But I do find this hilarious.

Here is our winner this week. When giving an interview to New York Magazine, our Idiot of the week actually said this.

"The nation mourned. I had a lot of people who came up to me and were not as upset as I was – but were definitely upset. I did feel a sense of responsibility, because I knew that people had a certain idea of how I was and who we were … But on your deathbed, it's not really going to matter how those people felt."
The Nation Mourned? Was she talking about 9-11? Could it be a natural disaster? Why does she think the Nation mourned? Uh, because she and Tim Robbins broke up. I'm not kidding.

According to People - Susan Sarandon: The Nation Mourned My Split from Tim Robbins

Susan Sarandon wasn't the only one upset by her split from longtime love Tim Robbins last year – legions of fans were also thrown by the announcement.

"The nation mourned," Sarandon tells New York magazine. "I had a lot of people who came up to me and were not as upset as I was – but were definitely upset. I did feel a sense of responsibility, because I knew that people had a certain idea of how I was and who we were … But on your deathbed, it's not really going to matter how those people felt."
The Nation Mourned when JFK was assassinated. MLK Jr. When Elvis died. 9-11. But Sarandon and Robins breaking up? Talk about arrogance and ignorance.

Congratulations Susan. You ARE the Idiot of the Week. Now go make another movie and entertain us. THAT is what we want from you. Your personal life really has no effect on anyone else. Sorry.
Peter

No comments: