Sunday, April 11, 2010

12-Year Old Protester Arrested At Senator's Office

Preview for Sunday 041110

Hey folks,

MAN! Is it good to be back in "The Chair." I have a question. Is Code Pink NOT Democrat? Is Mike Moron? Moveon.com? All those Anti-War people out there? Well, most anyway. They are Democrats. When Bush was in office. The Cindy Sheehans where held up as Heroes. The Press moved in with them and reported every move.

Then Obama came to office, and what happened? War still on. Club Gitmo still open. Obama just ordered a hit on an American Citizen. Cindy Sheehan was told to just go away, and things like this happen. A 12 year old Girl is arrested for speaking out against the War. According to KCCI 8 Des Moines - 12-Year-Old Protester Arrested At Senator's Office

DES MOINES, Iowa -- A 12-year-old girl has been arrested for trespassing after she allegedly refused to leave U.S. Sen. Tom Harkin's office in Des Moines while protesting the war in Afghanistan and Iraq.

Frankie Hughes was arrested late Wednesday. Her mother, Renee Espeland, who was standing outside the Iowa Democrat's office, was ticketed for contributing to the delinquency of a minor.

Police were called after another woman, Christine Gaunt, allegedly refused to leave Harkin's office when it closed. Police found Gaunt and Hughes in the office, and both were arrested.

Sally Frank, a law professor at Drake University, said she will probably defend the protesters. She said she thinks police were "trying to put a scare into the peace movement."


{Laughing}

Coming right up today?
IWA For Sunday 041110

Oh, and did you catch this? I was listening to the Radio on Friday, I'm not sure which show it was, most likely Rush Limbaugh, but they played a tape of Obama talking about the Virginia Mine Disaster. Obama said this.

"We are praying for a miracle. I want to offer my deepest condolences to the friends and the families of the fathers and the husbands and brothers, nephews and sons who were killed in this accident. When I was in the Senate, I supported the efforts of Senator Byrd and Rockefeller to try to improve mine safety, but it's clear that more needs to be done. And that's why I've asked my Secretary of Labor, as well as the head of Mine Safety and Health Administration, to give me a preliminary report next week on what went wrong and why it went wrong so badly, so that we can take the steps necessary to prevent such accidents in the future."

That jumped right out of the Radio at me. Not the Host, I'm pretty sure it was Rush, the Host's problem was "Where is the Union responsibility?" Good point. But that is not the reason it jumped out at me. What it was, was this.

"And that's why I've asked my Secretary of Labor,"

MY? Really? "that's why I've asked my Secretary of Labor?" The Secretary of Labor, is the Secretary of Labor for the entire Country. It is NOT Obama's own Secretary. Just a little view of how Obama sees himself. I keep telling you, he sees himself as a Ruler. Not a servant of the people. He sees himself as King Hussein Obama, Ruler of the Obamanation. I asked MY? No. Not yours. Most would have said, "I have asked THE Secretary of Labor. Not MY.

Kings and Tyranny identify everything as theirs. Not Presidents.

Anyway, good to be back. Thank you again to all of you out there for your kind words, Prayers, and encouragement. I will be doing my best to keep a more balanced schedule, so I also thank you for your patients. Remember you can also follow us on Twitter - peteropntalk, Facebook - Peter Carlock, The Tom Sullivan Radio Listener's Club - Peter Carlock, and as always, the Email is OPNTalk@gmail.com.

Be right back.
Peter

No comments: