Sunday, October 15, 2006

IWA for Sunday, October 15, 2006


Hey folks,

First real quick, I got asked this, "I thought you said you would not be in on Saturday, yet I saw the "Just My Thoughts" there. Do you ever take a day off for your family?" If you look at the bottom of the post, you can see that I posted it Friday night. Yes I had a GREAT day yesterday. I may even need to look into a more permanent schedule. Maybe every Saturday off. I’ll let you know.

Happy Sunday to you. It’s time for the IWA.

You know, try as hard as I might, I just do not understand the logic that was applied to this whole situation. I have no idea what Mr. Wade Pilloud was thinking. According to this AP article- Minn. principal who shot kittens resigns

"A school principal has resigned and could face felony firearm charges after he shot and killed two orphaned kittens on school property last month."

Now according to this article, he did it out of mercy. He didn’t want the kittens to starve. He said,

"I have bred cats, and I currently own two myself," he wrote Friday in an e-mail to the Minneapolis Star Tribune. "I am not a cat hater. I did not want the animals to suffer."

OK, first he says he has bred cats. I want the Animal Control to go to this guys house and see if he still is. If he has other cats in cages, or he is mistreating other cats, or other animals, I want him charged with that also.

Then I have to wonder, if, according to his own words, he has bred cats before, then he knows how to take care of kittens. If he was really concerned. Also, if he was really concerned, he could have easily scooped them up and took them to the humane society in his area.

But he decided to SHOOT them. OK, Why did he have a gun in school? Of course the school is covering their rears, and no kids were in danager, but,

"John Mastin, acting sheriff in Koochiching County, said Pilloud could be charged with felony possession of a firearm on school property and reckless discharge of a firearm, a misdemeanor."

so noone was in danger? Except for the dead kittens I guess.

There were kids on school property when this happened. He was ON school property when he discharged the weapon. It is a FELONY just to have the gun there, and a misdemeanor to shoot it. I hope he IS charged for it. This guy is most definitely an Idiot. There are still a lot of questions about this that need to be answered. But that fact, is certain

Congratulations Mr. Pilloud, you ARE the Idiot of the Week. May you never work in a school or with animals again.
Peter

No comments: