Wednesday, December 21, 2011

A Holiday Story

A SINCERE Thank you.

Hey folks,



Yesterday, at Sun down, began the first day of Hanukkah. We are now officially 4 days away from Christmas. It's the Holiday Season in full swing. I AM in a GREAT mood. I do not want to talk about Politics. I do not want to talk about Obama. I do not want to talk about the News. We'll get back to all that soon enough. What I DO want to do, is tell you a Holiday Story.

A couple of weeks ago, Monday, December 12, 2011, I asked you a question. Do you like Dogs? I told you about my friend Rich Stevens, over at 850 WFTL, "The Conversation with Rich Stevens and Dave McBride." I told you about his "Pet Project." and I posted this from his Website.

If you know me at all you know that I love dogs!

Even though dogs are caring, smart, lovable, sometimes it is beyond their control of where they end up living. These 12 adorable dogs ended up in the shelter.

My mission with "Rich Stevens Pet Project" is to get these 12 dogs a new home for the holidays!

Look at their faces, they want to be part of your family and are ready to come home with you today.

If you are not looking to adopt a dog, I am sure you must know a loving family that does want to adopt, would you take a moment and post this page to your Facebook wall, and email it to people you know that can share it as well?
Let's pull together and get them all new homes for the holidays!
Thanks so much and Happy Holiday's,

Rich Stevens
I told you how I felt about Dogs. The Unconditional Love that you can only get from Dogs.

Look, over the years I've had MANY Pets. Cats, Birds, Fish, Ferrets, Frogs, Ginnie Pigs, Hamsters, I even had a Chinchilla. But Dogs are a totally different Animal. Most Pets will come to you, make noise, or do something to let you know they want food. You feed them, if you are lucky, they may let you Pet, handle them, for a sec, then they are off doing whatever they do. But not Dogs. Dogs ARE Unconditional Love.

Dogs do not care how young you are. They do not care how old. They do not care how Fat you are. They do not care what Race, Religion, or Class you belong to. They LOVE YOU. They do not care if they live on Rio Drive or Rio Dive. They do not care what you do for a Living. Most would rather you stay home with them all day. They will lay at your feet, protect your Home, you, and everything you care about. They will even lay down their very own Lives to protect yours. Dogs are truly the best Friend you could ever have.
It is true. I told you how these Dogs were Homeless for the Holidays and needed a good Home. I said that I knew we could get these Dogs adopted to good Homes where they would indeed show the people that adopted them Unconditional Love.

Well, yesterday morning, there I was minding my own business, when Rich sent me a Text saying "Big Announcement coming right up." I sent one back saying I can't wait. Then, Yesterday Morning, the Big News came. Thanks to all of you out there, spreading the word, almost ALL the Dogs have been Adopted. 11 out of the 12 NOW have NEW Homes for the Holidays. Isn't that GREAT News?!? 11 out of the 12 are now in Homes that love them, and that they can be what they are, Loving, companions and protectors. Friends ready to show their new families Unconditional Love.

So I do not care what is going on in the World right this second. I am Extremely Happy right now. But we are not one hundred percent done yet. There is still one Dog remaining. Roxy.

Roxy (ID# 437777)

Can I be your new best friend? I’m a 3 year young, 47 pound boxer mix who lost my home because my family is moving and can’t take me along. I’m the perfect adult dog who is potty trained, good with other dogs and I like to go to the dog park and play. Please adopt me…you won’t be disappointed.
Roxy is there all by herself. Just waiting for someone to adopt her. Could that be you? We have seen a Holiday Miracle. One that is helping to restore my Faith in Humanity. The kindness and compassion of People, when they learn of something like this, IS truly amazing. I know we can get Roxy a new Home. Won't you help? Spread the good news about the other 11, and let everyone you know, know that Roxy is waiting for them. Lets make the Holiday Miracle complete, with ALL these Dogs finding GREAT Homes.

To all those that DID adopt, THANK YOU. A Sincere THANK YOU from me, Rich, and of course, all the Dogs. Have a Happy and Safe Holiday Season folks. Happy Hanukkah, Merry Christmas, and may you all have Health, Peace, and Prosperity.
Peter

No comments: