Thursday, June 25, 2009

Iranian Uprising?

A President's stance.

Hey folks,

I'm really not sure what the big deal is here. I'm being honest. Yesterday, I heard many in support of Obama say he is doing the right thing in condemning the Iranian Government in their handling of protesters. Ooh? Then I heard those on the Right condemning Obama for not doing it sooner. Why the outrage NOW? I'm talking about the folks on the Right.

Obama and this Administration has already TOLD you where they stand. They are FOR Muslim lead Countries. They are going out of their way to apologize for America, embrace our enemies, and completely disrespect our Allies. Hell, they invited Little Hitler {President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad} and Supreme Leader Ayatollah Ali Khamenei to a Forth of July BBQ. I'm not kidding. Some of you that have not heard this may think I'm making this up. I'm not. That invitation has been rescinded since, but they invited them.

Now the Mass Media Drones, and the Obama Administration wants you to believe that they took back this invitation because of the violence and the protested Elections. Hillary came out and said this.

"Unfortunately, circumstances have changed, and participation by Iranian diplomats would not be appropriate in light of the unjust actions that the president and I have condemned," Secretary of State Hillary Clinton said in a cable to US diplomatic mission abroad.

Just think of the stupidity of inviting Muslims to a "hot dog" Independence Day Celebrations to begin with. EVEN if they were our FRIENDS. Think about it. But it WAS Clinton herself that invited them. Clinton had sent US diplomats instructions to invite Iranians. But what is going on in Iran is NOT the reason the invitations have been rescinded. No folks, the real reason? No one RSVP-ed. {Laughing} That is the REAL answer. White House spokesman Robert Gibbs had said invitations to the July 4 parties would no longer be extended, but not that those already issued had been rescinded.

"July fourth allows us to celebrate the freedom and the liberty we enjoy -- freedom of speech, freedom of religion, freedom to assemble peacefully. Freedom of the press.

I don't think it's surprising that nobody's signed up to come."


Then you have the fact that between May 4 and May 10, Obama sent a letter to Supreme Leader Ayatollah Ali Khamenei calling for an improvement in ties.

Then after the Election, Obama said this in reference to the Election itself and the calls of fraud.

“It’s not productive, given the history of the US-Iranian relationship, to be seen as meddling.”

What was the LETTER all about? Right before the Iranian Elections? What did Obama tell Khamenei in reference to the Elections? We will most likely never know. But people are now dying and being "jailed" by record numbers in Iran. The Protests seem to be reducing in numbers, and soon it will most likely be over. Little Hitler will retain power and continue his Nuclear Quest. What is Obama going to do about that?

Folks, do not get me wrong. I have already said that I stand with the Iranian people and I hope that Ahmadinejad and even the Figurehead Khamenei be thrown out. The people rising and standing against this EVIL regime is GREAT to see. They are attempting to pay for their freedom with their very lives. It is powerful to watch. Like I said before, short of a full out Civil War in Iran, nothing is going to change. But our help? Obama's help to bring an HONEST democracy to Iran? "I strongly condemn the violence." {Sigh}

I wonder if Obama sent a letter to Khamenei saying something like, "Hey, uh, President Obama here. Yeah, you know where I stand. I'm with ya. I, uh, do not want you to think that I care how you run your country, but uh, I am going to have to use some a strong language here. Uh, I'm uh, taking a beating in the polls over this, so uh, I have to say something. So I am going to say I condemn the violence. I hope you understand." Khamenei sends a letter back, "Yes, Yes, Yes, I understand. You have to say whatever. I get it. Don't worry Barack. We'll get together soon for those Hot Dogs and Beer."

Meanwhile in Iran.

More than a half-dozen witnesses said the security forces outnumbered protesters in Baharestan Square and used overwhelming force -- clubbing them with batons, beating women and old men, and firing weapons into the air to disperse them.

People are dying. The protests, although much smaller, are continuing to go on.

According to official figures, 17 people have been killed in clashes with government forces. But CNN has received unconfirmed reports of as many as 150 deaths related to the popular uprising on just Saturday alone. Iran's government has restricted media access in the country.

Believe me, the number is MUCH higher. Even our own MMD came right out and asked Obama "What took you so long." He said he has been consistent. Letters, July 4 invitations, now Condemnation? Yeah THAT'S consistent. The answer to "What took you so long?" is easy. He was waiting for the polling numbers.
Peter

Sources:
Iran Focus - US rescinds July 4 invitations to Iran diplomats
CNN -
Opposition leader postpones rally in Iran

No comments: