Monday, February 26, 2007

No Big Surprise,

He folks,


Remember when I just said it’s one of those days? So much news I didn’t know were to start? I even had to give you an End Of Day Roundup, in the hopes of just touching on the many news stories out there that NEEDED to be commented on? This is NOT one of those days.

It seems the news today is about things we already know. USA Today and the CSM are both reporting that the Political Race boils down to money and name recognition. Really? They are reporting that the long shots probably will not over come the mainstream players backed by millions.

Then you have some Dems making there way around the Sunday shows saying the want to micro manage the war. Attack the President, and our troops, while saying the support them. Claim that the negativity is coming from "Conservative hosts" and those on the Right that blindly follow whatever Bush says. {Sigh} Sad isn’t it?

Here is another news story that can only be catagorize as no big surprise. Al Gore won an Oscar. I knew he would. Apparently "An Inconvenient Truth" won many Oscars. Yes this movie, sorry, "Documentary" bombed at the box office. It was and continues to be carried by millions funded by the LWL and Liberal activists. There is a push and it has been shown in some schools as fact. But reality is, it has no truth in it. It is a joke. Anyone with an once of intelligence knows that this movie is idiotic.

It’s based on this slide show, that they are hyping again, made ten years ago by Al Gore, saying we only have ten years to go. Then they change this to say more "data indicates," now they are talking hundreds and up to a thousand years. Notice they never talk about the non-existent "Global Warming" while the north is receiving record snow fall, and cold. {Smile}

This story goes on to say that Gore even joked about the pressure of those wanting him to run in 08, it says,

But Gore ruled that out once again on Sunday and even played with the pressure to run with a well-timed joke that won raucous laughter from the audience.

"Even though I honestly had not planned on doing this, I guess with a billion people watching, it's as good a time as any. So, my fellow Americans, I'm going to take this opportunity right here and now to formally announce..," Gore said.

And then loud music from the pit orchestra -- the kind used to cut short acceptance speeches -- drowned out Gore and he and DiCaprio walked off stage arm-in-arm.

{Sigh} {Laughing} WAIT!!! Maybe he was toying with the idea of coming out? This would TRULY be funny. Why would he and DiCaprio walk off arm and arm? Now THAT would be a surprise.

But I didn’t watch it last night. I used to. Until I learned that the fix was in. I used to sit watching the outfits, the stars, and hoping my movies that I liked won. But no longer. After years of seeing movies I never heard of, and activist actors winning, I have stopped. This seals the deal for me. I will no longer waste my time.

So you see folks, the news so far today is no big surprise. It’s Monday, and a long week ahead. So I’ll see you soon, when the news improves. Maybe tomorrow will be better.
Peter

Source:
Reuters-With Gore's goading, Hollywood goes green at Oscars

No comments: