Saturday, February 03, 2007

Global Warming, Purple Bunny

Hey folks,

OK, one more time for the new folks here at the OPN, and for all those of you who keep asking me my position on "Global Warming." Let me try to explain to you why I have not jumped on the band wagon of debating this endlessly for the last week or so. Let me once again try to explain to you why I truly believe this is all of a sudden predominate in the forefront of the news and why there is a mad rush in attempting to legislate theory. Allow me to reiterate one more time the fact that this is all junk science, or rather, NO science at all.

All the news is about the "new report" out by the "Chicken Little" crowd.

The world's leading climate scientists, in their most powerful language ever used on the issue, said global warming is "very likely" man-made, according to a new report obtained Friday by The Associated Press.

OK, read this then I have a question.

The report by a group of hundreds of scientists and representatives of 113 governments contains the most authoritative science on the issue. It was due for official release later Friday morning in Paris.

The phrase "very likely" translates to a more than 90 percent certainty that global warming is caused by man.

What that means in layman's language is "we have this nailed," said top U.S. climate scientist Jerry Mahlman, who originated the percentage system.

STOP! The most "authoritative science?" OK. WHAT? Give me the "science." Show me the undisputable scientific PROOF that "Global Warming" even exists, let alone the "fact" as you say you have "nailed it" that WE {humans for those who need a little further help in understanding.} are causing it.

This is my main problem folks, for every scientist that comes out and says that "Global Warming" exists, there are those that say it does not. According to APC, United Nations,

There is no global warming. Period.

You can't find a real scientist anywhere in the world who can look you in the eye and, without hesitation, without clarification, without saying, kinda, mighta, sorta, if, and or but...say "yes, global warming is with us."

There is no evidence whatsoever to support such claims. Anyone who tells you that scientific research shows warming trends - be they teachers, news casters, Congressmen, Senators, Vice Presidents or Presidents - is wrong. There is no global warming.

Just a small sample of some other links that are saying there is NO Global Warming?

CATO Institute
21st Century Magazine
Junk Science
Arguments Against GW

This is a THEORY. Not proven. Actually, it’s a scam. It’s all about money, power and control in your lives.

I heard a lot yesterday about "Global Warming" is a religion. It’s true. J.R.Dunn of the American Thinker has a great piece yesterday. I’m not about to attempt to highlight one or two things in it, hacking it beyond meaning, so just go there a read it. He is one hundred percent right.

Then you have David R. Legates, a University of Delaware geography professor, who is feeling the "heat" from the GWCL group. {Global Warming Chicken Little}

Delaware's state climatologist has found himself in the middle of a political squall after taking skeptical stands on global warming and climate change -- in one case directly contradicting the state's own policy.

David R. Legates, a University of Delaware geography professor, co-wrote a "friend of the court" brief that opposed Delaware's position in a multi-state U.S. Supreme Court case.

He said,

"The science brought in by the one side had given a more extremist view of climate change. What we're trying to say is, the science isn't necessarily that well settled, and in many cases it isn't that extreme. I'm not saying it isn't a problem."

EXACTLY. Regardless if Barbra Boxer wants to run around yelling it is or not. It’s NOT. It IS disputable. It IS arguable. It is NOT fact. Consensus is NOT science. There is NO Global Warming. Not as proven fact.

So having said all this, let me try to explain to you why I do not continuously argue against the insanity of the hysteria of the "Global Warming" push,, OH yeah. Why is it so predominate in the Mass Media and why are you hearing it some much more today? These wackos believed the same thing yesterday. As a matter of fact, they were warning us about "Global Cooling" just a few years ago. So why is this mainstream? They have friends in power. They feel that now that the LWL control the House and Senate, they may be able to further their agenda.

They have no God, therefore no hope. To me these people are no different than those standing on a street corner, holding signs and yelling, "Repent, the end is near." I have had an on going argument with some people over the years, any time I even so much as hint to God, Jesus, or the Bible. They immediately jump all over me and say how stupid I am to believe this. They go into great detail as to why they feel that there is no God. We know what the Word says about those that say there is no God.{Smile} But I got tired of this after nearly ten years of some of the same people doing this over and over, so I asked them a question. Why do you continuously fight against something you do not even believe in?

If someone came to me and told me that there is a giant purple bunny in my back yard, I have to listen to what the purple bunny says or he will eat me. I would say something like "Uh OK, you and the big purple bunny can go and eat carrots or bake carrot cakes together. You and the bunny can live in peace. I do not believe in the bunny. I’ve been in my back yard and know there is no purple bunny there. But hey, if it works for you, great. Have a nice day." Then I would go on with life. Is spending most of your time fighting against something you do not even believe exists a sign of insanity? It should be.

So I’m going to start taking, and have been taking, my own advice. I’m NOT going to waste my time on a daily bases fighting these wackos and getting all stressed out in dealing with the insanity that is "Global Warming." There is NO "Global Warming." Noone, regardless of what you are hearing in the MMD or by our new leadership, can PROVE it.

Now I understand that some are fighting this because there is real possibility that these idiots could very well start creating laws that effect your daily lives, based on fear of doom and gloom. This is why they are attempting to educate you as to the fact this is a scam. But I really see no point. Like the faith in God, this new "religion" will have it’s followers. They will follow the commandments of their religion, recycling and such, to go to heaven, clean earth. They will fear sin, not recycling and such, causing them to go to hell, end of the world.

Until someone can give me this "undisputable" scientific proof that "Global Warming" exists and is man made, I will continue to wave to these people when I see them holding their signs proclaiming the "end is near." Hey, I might even honk.




Peter

Sources;
Reuters-U.N. climate panel blames people for global warming
AP- Global warming 'very likely' man-made
Delaware Online- Del. global warming skeptic stands pat

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I was channel surfing last night and caught a few minutes of the Glenn Beck show he had two scientist on that were talking about global warming and one mentioned that if the people who had signed the Kyoto accords a while back had the information available to them that is now available they would not have signed the Kyoto treaty because they now realize that they bought a pig in the poke and were bamboozled.

I saw another article about global warming from the NYT's that stated proof from 1950 on showed that global warming is occurring.

Now I am puzzled because being 60 years of age I definitely remember the approaching ice age that was talked about until approximately 1970.

Are we seeing revisionary history being put forte? Why is it that scientist have never explained, at least from what I have seen, why they jumped from the approaching ice age to global warming.

Now I realize that I will hear some say it is because of better science but is this really so?

Bottom line I think that this is an effort by groups and environmentalist to impose regulations on countries that boil down to the all mighty dollar.

As P.T. Barnum was credited with saying "there is a sucker born every minute"

Peter said...

Hey Sam,

How true, how true. So, if we had a coming "Global Cooling", then, would the now present "Global Warming" not simple be a correction?

Maybe God just turned up the heat because some complained. Now they are complaining again that it's too hot. {Sigh} I guess you just can't please everyone.{Smile}
Peter