Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Sustenance or Appeasement?

Hey folks,

Well, the big news today, of course, is President Bush’s speech. As you would expect, this is the big news on all news outlets, including both Left and Right "leaning" blogs. But did it really contain substance, or did he say the things he did for appeasement?

Some on the Left are loving his speech. They are saying that for the first time, he is attempting to at least act, bipartisan. They say he is reaching out and is trying to meet some on the left mid way.

The Right are raving that he is LISTENING to the voice of the Conservatives, because it is the Conservatives that have been calling for the boarders to be secure. In the speech the President did mention securing the boarders. He spoke of thousands of National Guards being put on the boarders. There is talk of a 700 mile double sided fence. The Right, and even some on the Left LOVE this idea. I’ve been calling for the boarder to be secured, before dealing with those already here, for some time now. Could I "believe" that the President said he was going to do this BECAUSE I’ve been calling for it? Yes. I could believe that. But I do not. He said it because he HAD to. Do I truly think he wants to have this succeed? I do not believe he really does. Here in lies the problem.

Many Republicans are VERY dis-pleased because President Bush AGAIN pushed his Amnesty program. Of course we are not allowed to call this what it is. I’m and many that think as I, am completely against this. To me, and many of you, this sounds an awful lot like awarding those that have,

1- Broken our laws.
2- Disrespected our countrie's beliefs
3- According to this plan, those that have broken our laws the LONGEST, get rewarded the most.
4- Those that have been broken our laws and disrespected the very way of life they CLAIM to want, get’s to become citizens long BEFORE those that have paid money, waited years, and have been going through the process.

Now I’ve said many times, that I do not want, and there is NOONE calling for, mass deportation. I have even gone so far to say I do not want them charged with felonies. So where does that leave us?

After listening to some on the Left, Right, and the Presidents speech last night, I have come up with this. We HAVE to secure our boarders. We have to ENFORCE the laws we have now. We HAVE, like it or not, and I DON’T, supply a path to citizenship, for those already here. I say, document them, get them in the process, BEHIND those already in the process, if they do not complete it, THEN they leave. But our boarders are first.

Look, to my Conservative, and those on the far Right Radicle periphery, friends, I do not like this plan anymore than you do. Not to mention, if they do not take out the provision that allows some 80 million more, making it both JUST for those here ALREADY, and limit those further Illegals, we will merely be ENCOURAGING further Illegals to come here illegally. But since I do not believe in mass deportation, or jail, the President, somewhat, made me a partial believer.

Did the speech have sustenance and work ability? Was it just to appease the ever growing movement from average Americans, regardless of political affiliation, that demand something be done with this MAJOR security issue? Time will only tell.
Peter

No comments: