Sunday, December 21, 2008

Want Fries With That

You Can't Make This Up 122101

Hey folks,

You know, I love Cologne. I really do. I wear it for special occasions, and sometimes just because it is my day off. I prefer Polo, and "Black Suede" that my Niece buys me from AVON.



I also love a good burger. I love Whoppers. I do not eat them often, but every now and then I will find myself driving thru to pick one up.

But I have to admit something here folks. I NEVER, no, not even once, thought "Hey, I know, I'll take this Whopper and smear it all over my body. If I smell like greasy beef, Chicks will dig me."

You think I'm kidding? I'm REALLY not. Seems someone, not sure who, thought it would be a great idea for Burger King to put out a new cologne. One that smells like a Whopper. {Laughing} Sorry, I do not buy the AXE commercials where hundreds of Bikini clad Women are going to come from nowhere and rip your cloths off if you wear it. I most definitely do not buy the fact that Women, MOST anyway, are going to think, "Hey this guy smells like a Whopper, so I want to go home with him."

Well, NOW we know. According to Gothamist Review- New Burger King Flame Cologne Elicits "Universal Disgust" by John Del Signore

When we announced that Burger King had entered the fragrance business with BK FLAME™ – the new men's body spray promising "the scent of seduction with the hint of flame-broiled meat" – your reactions ranged from "I prefer my men to smell like White Castle" to "I want!" But one blogger was bold enough to actually purchase the FLAME™ at Ricky's during his lunch hour and apply it directly to his bare flesh back at the office. The result was predictably revolting: "Everyone gathered around began coughing. And therein lies the horrible secret of Flame: it’s not burger-scented...Try as I might, I could not smell anything related to meat. If you want to know what a Burger King smells like when it’s burning down in a horrible grease fire, though, this is probably as close as you get to the real thing. The acrid, eye-watering scent will not attract anything to you. Even my dog would start choking if it licked this off my wrist...If this is what The King smells like then I don’t want him anywhere near me."

Me neither. Now if they come out with one that smells like French Fries?
Peter

Sources:
Gothamist Review- New Burger King Flame Cologne Elicits "Universal Disgust"

No comments: