Sunday, December 21, 2008

Congress Raises, Blagojevich Has To Be Thrown Out, We Suffer

Preview For Sunday 122108

Hey folks,

Welcome to the Big Sunday Edition of the OPNTalk Blog. Glad you could make it. Just three more days to go, and Christmas is here. Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to you all. May you have a blessed day and a joyous fellowship with your friends and family.

OK. Let's get right to it. How are you doing? Financially? Are you OK? You are paying all these taxes, which have to go up to pay for all the freebies that the Government wants to "give you." How about getting a raise at work? Have you asked? Well, they did. They will get it also. YOU will pay for that as well.

Our friend, Irishgodfather, sent me the following.

"A lot of never I'd say.

With the economy in shambles and Americans losing their homes and jobs at record levels, Congress has moved to take drastic measures. For Themselves. The law makers have failed to vote down a $4,700 pay raise beginning in January, increasing their annual salaries to $174,000.

The increase for 535 House and Senate members would cost taxpayers more than $2.5 million. That salary alone, which excludes all other household incomes (spouses etc.), ranks each lawmaker in the TOP SIX PERCENT of ALL American households. Is this real? This disgusting move toward further wealth disparity shows Congress for what they really are - The King's Court."

I couldn't agree more. Talking about arrogance and complete lack concern for the people. Ill. Gov. Blagojevich will HAVE to be thrown out. He is not going anywhere. Get this, from Friday, AP - Ill. Gov. Blagojevich pledges to fight, won't quit

CHICAGO – A combative Gov. Rod Blagojevich served notice Friday that he has no intention of quitting over his corruption arrest, declaring: "I will fight. I will fight. I will fight until I take my last breath. I have done nothing wrong." The forceful three-minute speech marked the first time the former amateur boxer directly addressed the allegations since his arrest 10 days earlier.

Yeah, and he is being attacked for nothing. He also said this.

"Now I know there are some powerful forces arrayed against me. It's kind of lonely right now. But I have on my side the most powerful ally there is, and it's the truth. And besides, I have the personal knowledge that I have not done anything wrong."

So it is simple. You folks in Illinois want him out, you are going to have to throw him out. I really am in a weird mood today. I'm in the Christmas Spirit. I have a whole lot of extra time coming up in the next couple of weeks. Things that would normally tick me off are just really making me laugh.

Anyway, coming right up today?

Holiday Energy Saving Tips
Conversation Between Mr. Government and Joe Liberal
Why Are We Wasting Time and Money
Want Fries With That
IWA For Sunday 122108

Really pay attention to the Energy saving tips. One got my attention right off the bat. Just ten strans of lights run for a few hours a day can add $50.00 to your electric bill? I have to rethink the whole decorading thing. {Smile}

Oh, and by the way, if you live in California, you see someone in need, you may want to re-think helping them out. According to the AP - Calif. Court: Would-be Good Samaritan can be sued

LOS ANGELES – Proving that no good deed goes unpunished, the state's high court on Thursday said a would-be Good Samaritan accused of rendering her friend paraplegic by pulling her from a wrecked car "like a rag doll" can be sued.

California's Supreme Court ruled that the state's Good Samaritan law only protects people from liability if the are administering emergency medical care, and that Lisa Torti's attempted rescue of her friend didn't qualify.

Justice Carlos Moreno wrote for a unanimous court that a person is not obligated to come to someone's aid.

So forget about it. Just let them die. {Sigh} Got to love Califorina. Anyway, we have a lot of ground to cover, so let's get right to it. Get your morning cup of, whatever, and I'll be right back.
Peter

No comments: