Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Gov. Blagojevich Arrested For Corruption

We do not have all the facts yet.

Hey folks,

OK. Here I sit talking to you about Governor Blagojevich being arrested . Meanwhile my Niece is on the phone talking with this guy, who sells a product, and is also an inside guy with the talent of the WWE {World Wrestling Entertainment}. Now my Niece, during this two hour long conversation says to this guy:

"Hey guy. You know that my Uncle is a very influential member of the New Media. You know he is all over the Internet. You know people listen to what he says. So if you do this for me, I know Pete can help you out. I want you to get, Triple H to go to the ring on the next TV tapping of WWE "Smackdown" and talk about Pete's Blog OPNTalk.

You know how much Pete really likes Triple H. You also know that if Trip H was to do this, millions more fans from all around the world will check out Pete's Blog and in turn, Pete will be able to rake in the big bucks via advertising on his site.

Now if you do this, I can guarantee you that Pete will write a favorable article about YOU, and your product and this will bring you more riches. Pete will make you famous all over the Internet. Who knows, maybe he will put you in charge of the new Advertising Department at OPNTalk."

Meanwhile, here I sit, talking to you about Governor Blagojevich and his Chief of Staff being arrested for attempting to sell Obama's vacated Senate Seat. Yeah, I heard all the news about this. I know that President Elect was mentioned 44 times during the conversation. I know that Obama wanted Valerie Jarrett, a longtime friend, to succeed him. I know that she is "Senate Candidate 1." I know that most likely, "Senate Candidate 2" is Illinois Attorney General Lisa Madigan. Emil Jones, an Illinois state legislator, is "Senate Candidate 5." Along with "Senate Candidate 6" appears to be J.P. Pritzker, a wealthy Chicago businessman. Additionally, Rahm Emanuel, is referred to in the affidavit as "President-elect Advisor."

I know that Blagojevich was trying to sell Obama's vacated Senate Seat. I know he was not happy with the offers he was being made. I know he was dropping the F-Bomb, all over the place and even called Obama a MFer. I know that Blagojevich and his Chief of Staff Harris were arrested simultaneously at their homes at about 6:15 a.m., according to Frank Bochte of the FBI. I know they were called ahead of time to get ready.

I know that Blagojevich was also demanding the firing of Chicago Tribune editorial board members responsible for editorials critical of him. If they did this, he would help with the sale of Wrigley Field. We do know a lot about how corrupt Gov. Blagojevich seems to be.

But what we do NOT know, is what Obama knew and when he knew it. Going back to that conversation taking place between my Niece and the "guy." I'm here talking to you. I have no knowledge whatsoever that this conversation is taking place, nor did I agree to offer "Guy" anything. But since this is my Niece, and my name was used, I MUST be involved? No. Not really.

Could Obama be involved in this? Of course he could be. Could I have told my Niece to call "Guy?" Of course I could have. But I didn't. Could Obama be clueless as to this two hour conversation? Of course he could be. Let me share some things that are bothering me a bit about this.

First, if the FBI had been recording the Governor since October, and Obama himself talked to him, would Obama NOT be on some tape somewhere? Two. Is it at lease not within the realm of possibility that it was actually Rahm Emanuel, the one referred to in the affidavit as "President-elect Advisor" that was the one that actually TOLD the FBI about this?

Now I know, some of you will say, yeah, of course he did. He did so to shield Obama from any further investigation and appearance of any wrong doing. I know that some of you are saying that U.S. Attorney Patrick Fitzgerald, who said, "The breadth of corruption laid out in these charges is staggering," ended this investigation when he did to protect Obama. Maybe you are right. But right now that is mere speculation.

I'm sorry folks, but I'm not ready to jump on the get Obama bandwagon on this one just yet. The simple fact is, all the facts are not in yet. Until they are, I will give Obama the benefit of doubt here. But whoever WAS on Obama's team doing the talking needs to be FULLY investigated and THAT person needs to be charge if found guilty. We will have to wait and see.
Peter

Sources:
Chicago Tribune - Illinois Gov. Blagojevich, chief of staff arrested
Smoking Gun -
Obama Senate Seat For Sale?

No comments: