Friday, December 19, 2008

Oh What A Name Makes

From the Emails 121908

Hey folks,

HAPPY FRIDAY! Yes It's Friday, so it's time to go to the Emails. BUT first, I have to say something. From the Emails, and occasionally on other days beside Fridays, I go to the Emails, opntalk@aim.com is the place that you can send me Articles, thoughts, comments, whatever, you think I may be interested in, have commented on, or you just want to say hi. I get all kinds of things. Some I love, some I use, some I couldn't use even if I wanted to. Here is a tip or two.

1- I do not EVER repeat anything in the Emails unless you give me permission to do so. NO PRIVATE INFORMATION is shared unless express permission is given by the sender.

2- If it is an Article, you have a FAR better chance of me using it if you provide the link. I like to go and check it out in context. If I can not verify it, I am less likely to use it.

3- Although I have in the past, I will NOT advertise for no reason whatsoever. I just rejected a spam type comment left on this blog. The times I do advertise or provide links for donations, it is because I truly believe in whatever the case may be. Supporting the troops, protecting kids, ETC. But if you just want me to pop your electric toothbrush, Email me and if we come to some sort of financial agreement, then perhaps.

4- Unless you can PROVE your comments, conspiracies, or accusations, do not bother sending them to me. CT, this one is for you. I would LOVE to use what you sent me. However, I am unable to even come close to verifying ANY of it, therefore I will not use it.

Anyway, it is time to go to the Emails. I love this one. No comment from me is even necessary. BG sent this in, and said this.

"Read this, watch last paragraph or so for the satire ala Saddam Hussein"

The Littlest Eichmanns

The Express-Times of Pennsylvania's Lehigh Valley reports on a kerfuffle in nearby Holland Township, N.J.:

Adolf Hitler Campbell--it's indeed the name on his birth certificate--turns 3 today, and the Campbell family believes the boy has been mistreated. A local supermarket refused to make a birthday cake with "Adolf Hitler" on it.

The ShopRite in Greenwich Township has also refused to make a cake bearing the name of Campbell's daughter, JoyceLynn Aryan Nation Campbell, who turns 2 in February.

Honszlynn Hinler Jeannie Campbell, a girl named for Schutzstaffel head Heinrich Himmler, turns 1 in April.

"ShopRite can't even make a cake for a 3-year-old," said Deborah Campbell, 25, who is Heath's wife of three years and the mother of the children. "That's sad."
A director for the Anti-Defamation League in Philadelphia applauded the supermarket's decision.

An Allentown psychologist said the names would cause problems for the children later in life.

Boy, you don't say! What if the Campbell boy grows up and wants to be president one day? He'll never get elected once people realize his middle name was also the name of a brutal dictator!

I have to agree. But nuff said. Have a great Weekend Folks, See you Sunday.
Peter

Note: "From The Emails" is a weekly segment in the Friday edition of the OPNtalk Blog. If you care to send in News Articles, Comments, Stories, or anything else you may wish to share, please feel free to send it to opntalk@aim.com As always, you never know what you are going to see here.

No comments: