Sunday, December 21, 2008

Conversation Between Mr. Government and Joe Liberal

A Possibility of things to come.

"Hey there Joe."

"Oh, Hey Mr. Government. Congratulations on your victory. You know, I Voted for you."

"Yeah, that's great. You know some changes will have to be made right?"

"Yeah of course I do. That's what I Voted for. Change."

"Good, good. Then you understand that we will be taking over the Auto Industry, well, actually just continuing what Bush started. Only we will have to change a few things there also. We will now require them to pay higher taxes, and make cars that are safe for the environment. No more SUVs."

"Great. I'm all about the environment. I want a safe and clean world for my kids and Grand kids to grow up in. Who needs a SUV anyway? Even if the price of gas is down."

"Well Joe, the problem is this. The price of gas is going back up. Here is the reasons why. One, we will tax Big Oil and take their completely insane profits. We will use that money to fund other natural resources, and sources of energy. We will be also reinstating the Drilling ban. If someone decides that they want to open a coal plant, we will simply tax them into Bankruptcy.

You see Joe, High gas prices are actually good. It is a motivator to seek and prefect alternative energy. We do apologize, but your electric bill will skyrocket. This is a good thing as well."

"Well, Mr. Government. I do not like that, but I understand. We all have to make sacrifices."

"Exactly Joe. Besides, our experts say that 77 degrees in the Summer, and 68 degrees in the Winter is good enough and will also save you some money. Since we know that some will fight this, we will be allowing the energy companies to come into your home and control your thermostat."

"Don't you think that is a little intrusive?"

"Not at all Joe. Like you said, we all have to make sacrifices."

"OK. No problem. I can walk around my house Naked in the Summer and put on a sweater in the Winter. But I can not wait until you guys give it to those millionaires. You know, spread the Wealth and all that."

"Well Joe, ACTUALLY, we see that you are doing pretty good. You made $150,000 last year. Yeah I know we said $250,000 was going to be the cut off, but we are not bringing in that much money. So we have lowered the figure. We have to start taking some of your profits also."

"But wait,,,,"

"No, no, no, Joe. Don't start going down that road. Don't be greedy. It's time that you do your Patriotic Duty and help solve this horrible economic mess. You know, we are still trying to fix what Bush and the Republicans screwed up.

Besides, if you really think about it, why would you need to make more? We plan to give you free Healthcare, free Education for your kids, help you with that mortgage of yours, and pretty much take care of whatever you need."

"Well, I guess I understand. I will not have to worry about paying for my kids education. He wants to be a Doctor, and,,"

"Hold on Joe. We have enough Doctors. With us taking over the Healthcare system, it is really those in an office sitting somewhere that will decide what you need and when you need it. You know, like the insurance companies have done for years. No we do not need anymore Doctors right now. What we do need is Plumbers, Electricians, and Carpenters. We need people to learn trades to serve the betterment of all.

Of course, you do realize that if your kids do not want to go to college, that is OK too. Those of us in leadership always need housekeepers, drivers, and people to take care of those everyday things that people like you have to deal with. We are far too busy to worry about shopping, cutting the grass, that sort of thing. They can always work for us."

"No wait a second Mr. Government. If my Son wants to be a Doctor,,,"

{Sigh} "Joe, Joe, Joe. We can not all get want we want. Come on Joe. Don't become a problem. Look at what we are going to give you. You ungrateful slub. Trust me, you do not want to cause a problem for yourself. Allow us to think for you. Allow us to rescue you from yourself and your own stupidity."

"Now wait just a damn second. That is not what I Voted for. You guys were suppose to go after Big Oil, and the other Billionaires out there. You were suppose to give me and my family free money and take care of us. You know, so I don't have to worry about gassing up my car, and paying my mortgage. You guys were suppose to do that.

Now you are telling me that you are taking MY MONEY! You are telling me that you are going to tell me how to live my life and what my kids are going to become? You are telling me that YOU control every aspect of my life? Don't question that?

I guess Rush and Hannity were right about you guys. I guess,,,"

"Why do you think they are off the air Joe?"

"But,,"

"Joe, you really do not want us to look into your back taxes do you? You really do not want us checking your computer to see where it is you have been going, do you? Do you really want a better future for your kids? A better way for YOU? Then just know your role and shut your mouth."

Mr. Government leaves. Joe sits and ponders. He thinks to himself, "How could this have ever happened?"

Peter

No comments: