Sunday, January 06, 2008

Saturday Night Fights?

Hey folks,

Happy Sunday to you. It seems the big news today is going to be analysis of the double header of Presidential Debates last night. Was it the Saturday Night Fights that some were calling it and expecting? No. Not really. They took the gloves off, no doubt about it. But what it really was, was crunch time. Tuesday and New Hampshire are coming quick. They actually started DEBATING. That and Hillary started looking a little scare a desperate. As well she should.

In the Republican debate, it seemed that all were going after Romney. I thought that was a little odd, since Huckabee won in Iowa. What I’ll admit is I did not know at the time because it has not been widely reported, even this morning, is the Mitt JUST won most Wyoming delegates. The only place I could find ANY kind of numbers on this was the New York Times. They say that he won eight. Followed by Fred Thomson with three, and Duncan Hunter with one. So maybe THAT was the reason.

In the debate, we saw the Candidates actually start debating. Some highlights most will be talking about is most likely going to be McCain and Romney debating McCain's Amnesty Bill. Yes folks, that WAS what it was. When Romney called him on it McCain retorted with no matter how many times and how much money Romney spends to say it was an Amnesty Bill, it “will never be true.” Then he proclaimed. "I've never supported amnesty."

I loved the response Romney gave, he said, "What he describes is technically true, which is his plan does not provide amnesty because he charges people $5,000 to be able to stay."

{Laughing} He’s right. So, so far, it seems that we could be looking at a Romney and Huckabee in NH. Both with wins now, and both growing in popularity. You see folks, most people haven’t really been paying attention. Now we are IN 08, more and more people are. This is debate what? 116? But now the day grows closer, in their States and the General election just over 300 days away, more and more people WILL be.

I actually enjoyed the Democrat debate a little more. We saw some interesting exchanges. We also saw Hillary appearing to be scared and a little desperate. As well she should be. I’m I the only one who gets sick, every time I hear her proclaim, "I have 35 years of experience making change?" I thought it was 35 years of helping poor kids. Or was it 35 years with health care? Or, never mind. How about this. PROVE it. Release the documents and SHOW us. Anytime she gets backed into a corner, she says, "I have 35 years of experience making change.”

But you could see it. She is scared. She spent all this money and time trying to connect with people. Trying to show them she has passion, emotion, and is likable. She just can not do it. Why? Because she doesn’t have passion, emotion, except anger, and she is NOT likable. People just do NOT like her. Period.

It was even brought up in the debate. She was asked what she could say to voters who seemed to have a problem with liking her, and those that seemed to like Obama more, she said this.

"Well, that hurts my feelings. ... But I'll try to go on."

She agreed that Obama was likable, then said this.

"I don't think I'm that bad."

That grew a lot of laughter from the crowd there. I was laughing when I heard this. Obama kind of waved her off a bit, I guess he was trying to be polite. He said this.

“You're likable enough, Hillary."

But she is not. She does not have what she tries to portray. When she is talking to Southerners, she has an accent. When she is talking to Blacks, she has a Black accent. She makes stories up. Completely makes stuff up about her life and experience. She has tried EVERYTHING to fool, I mean, GET people to like her. When she TRIES to show that she is fired up, or passionate about this or that, all we hear is SCREECHING. When she is asked something that she does not like, all we hear is a cackling laugh. People ARE learning who she is. Someone who will lie, cheat and steal to get what she wants. Most American still find that offensive.

On the Democrat side, I see a battle between Obama and Edwards. But NEVER count Clinton out. If she can not win fairly, she still could find a way.
Peter

2 comments:

Unknown said...

"I have 35 years of experience making change.”

Hillary couldn't make changer at McDonald's.

Peter said...

Hey Bill,

I love the way she keeping talking about Change. Do you see who is with her, on her team? Everyone form the 90's. The whole team is back together. That is still alive that is. Even Sandy Burglar is back on her team.

Yup, change is good. {Smile}
Peter