Sunday, January 13, 2008

IWA For Sunday 011308

Hey folks,

It’s SUNDAY!! Time for the IWA. Just from one article, one incident, I could award a whole lot of people the IWA this week. Let’s see.

I could award the Father. But I truly do not believe he did anything wrong. If I looked at his actions as some might, then possibly. But I don’t. I see a Father being a Father and taking care of his boy. I see someone that IS concerned about the high cost of Medical care, and not willing to put himself in dept when not needed.

I could award the Paramedic. Now this Paramedic IS most definitely an Idiot. No doubt about it. He seems to be one of these, I know better than you as to how to raise your kid, types. Or the I’ll get my way if you like it or not, types. Or, oh, who knows? Who cares? He IS the one that got everything started and I hope he loses EVERYTHING he has in the lawsuit that is coming.

I could award the Judge. He is most definitely an Idiot. For making such an idiotic ruling that the Government must get involved in this.

I could award every one of the members of the SWAT team that broke down the door and took this 11 year old out at gun point.

But here is the reality. The Paramedic may very well have been concerned about the well being of the child. However, we DO still have a right in this country to refuse medical care, for any reason. Although, remember this incident when thinking about who to vote for in the General Election. EVERY member on the Democrat side WANT some form of Universal Healthcare. If they tell you, you need this or that, or your children need this or that, and you refuse, THIS could become the norm.

The Judge? Well, who knows what he was told? He was going on the one sided, completely inaccurate, information he received. He also may have had the best intentions. Do not misunderstand me, I hope they ALL lose the lawsuit and I hope the Father and his family are able to retire from the money they win on this one.

I cannot award the SWAT team, because they were simply following the orders they were given. So THAT leads me to this weeks winner. The one that issued the order. Sheriff Lou Vallario. For Photo, click HERE.

What am I talking about? This weeks “From The Emails” segment.

“Nearly a dozen members of a police SWAT team in western Colorado punched a hole in the front door and invaded a family's home with guns drawn, demanding that an 11-year-old boy who had had an accidental fall accompany them to the hospital, on the order of Garfield County Magistrate Lain Leoniak.

The boy's parents and siblings were thrown to the floor at gunpoint and the parents were handcuffed in the weekend assault, and the boy's father told WND it was all because a paramedic was upset the family preferred to care for their son themselves.”

Now it was the good Sheriff that ordered the SWAT team to do this. His response on the over kill?

"I was given a court order by the magistrate to seize the child, and arrange for medical evaluation, and that's what we did," he said.

You were told to intervene and see to it that the child received medical treatment. You were NOT told to call in SWAT and terrorize a family. But there is a hidden factor in all this. The good Sheriff KNOWS the Father, and does not like him. Get this.

The sheriff said the decision to use SWAT team force was justified because the father was a "self-proclaimed constitutionalist" and had made threats and "comments" over the years.

“However, the sheriff declined to provide a single instance of the father's illegal behavior. "I can't tell you specifically," he said.

“He was refusing to provide medical care," the sheriff said.

So let me get this straight. A complaint was made on a Thursday, at the time of the accident. Officers showed up, talked with everyone. On Friday, the abusing, power hungry, non-regulated, CPS, or whatever other named “Social Services" agency, shows up and talks with the Son. Then on SATURDAY, SWAT attacks?

The Father WAS providing medical care. The boy IS OK. When the Doctors looked at him, they found him to be OK. The good Sheriff makes this comment.

However, the sheriff said if his own children were involved in an at-home accident, he would want to be the one to make decisions on their healthcare, as did Shiflett.

"I guess if that was one of my children, I would make that decision," the sheriff said.

So it’s OK for you, but NOT for the man you know and do not like. THAT is an abuse of power and your authority. Congratulations Sheriff Lou Vallario, for this, you ARE the Idiot of the Week. I hear little Susie down the road a bit is using her easy bake oven. You better call in SWAT, she may be making those funny brownies.
Peter

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Far as I'm concerned the Swat team was as much to blaim as anyone. I don't care if they were following orders. If they were told to shoot the family would that just be following orders. All police need to be responsible for their actions, especially since they are the ones caring guns. It seems that as soon as you use the word Swat, then these jugheads can stop thinking. They are lucky that shots weren't fired at them for invading a home with deadly force.
But of course they knew that wasn't going to happen. I hope that a law suite is filed against all that were involved, especially
those highly armed heroes we call Swat.

Peter said...

EXCELLENT POINT!

I agree with you on this. I hope they ALL have to pay for this. From the Paramedic to the Sheriff. I really do.

WE are seeing more and more of our rights taken away in this country by those who feel they know better for us. If 08 goes the wrong way, you will see this happen at light speed.

The reason I singled out the Sheriff, is because he is the one that called IN the SWAT team. He could have order regular cops to the house to execute the warrant. But he chose to use SWAT.

NONE of this should have ever happened in the first place. I DO hope they all pay.
Peter

Anonymous said...

Pete,
These type of SWAT incidents are not new. The problem goes deeper than most want to address.
SWAT teams are by all realistic terms not police officers. They are equipped and trained as military. They shoot first and then ask questions with automatic weapons and granades. Worst this force has been placed in the hands of local agencies to use at their descretion. Military attacks should never be in the hands of some hodok sheriff. An attack by some SWAT team is the same as having the US Marines break into your home; except the Marines would have better sense and dicipline.