Wednesday, October 24, 2007

A Historic Day

Hey folks,

Mark your calendar with yesterdays day. It was a historic date. This was as rare as snow here in south Florida. It has happened, but not often to say the least. This is a moment like that.

What am I talking about? A FULL fledged, card carrying member of the LWL, came to the House Floor, and APOLOGIZED. Seriously folks. It sounded sincere to boot. Of course, the “New Media” once again broke this story to you, and he was being threatened by Censure by his own party, but he APOLOGIZED. That is rare.

Yes folks, our own latest winner of the IWA, Rep. Pete Stark, D-Calif for saying this.

“You don't have money to fund the war or children. But you're going to spend it to blow up innocent people if we can get enough kids to grow old enough for you to send to Iraq to get their heads blown off for the president's amusement.”

While the Loons applauded, sanity prevailed yet again. Yesterday, he came to the House floor and said this.

“I want to apologize to my -- first of all, all my colleagues, many of whom I've offended, uhhh, to the president, his family, to, uhhh, the troops that may have found in my remarks, as were suggested in, uh, the motion that we just voted on, uh, and I do apologize.”

See the video of this here.

Yes, he came right out and apologized. He did not say, “Sorry if my words were misrepresented.” or “Sorry if my words were misunderstood.” or the usual half hearted, double talk apology. No this was real.

Truly a historic day.
Peter

Sources:
Rep. Pete Stark
OPNTalk - IWA For Sunday 102107
Video- Apology

No comments: