Sunday, March 04, 2007

IWA For Sunday March 4, 2007

Hey folks,

OK, most of you know that I believe in God, Jesus , and the Word of God. I have felt lead by the Spirit to do various things over the years, including donations and being associated with various churches, ETC. I truly believe that God intervenes in peoples lives, and communicates with people, on a daily bases. Some do not know how to hear Him, but this doesn’t change the fact He does.

I know that over my years here on earth so far, He has, lets say, urged, me to do things that I completely missed at the time, only to realize that it was truly God later on. Other times, I realize and follow through. When all comes together, it’s great.

Knowing God, one, is real, two, does these thing, three, knowing all things are possible with Him, I am STILL very skeptical. I cringe every time I see someone get up on stage with a microphone in one hand, saying I need to give him money. I pretty much doubt every time I hear someone say, "God told me" to do this or that. Especially when what they say, goes against what I know, from experience. Or that just doesn’t sound compatible with the Word. I.E. murdering someone because they do not agree with them, saying one person is superior to another, or even, accepting something that goes against what God clearly states is not acceptable.

Now following this, I have to say this, do NOT ever come to me and hand me a check for $50,000.00 signed by God, and expect me to believe you. {Laughing} This is what our award winner this week actually did. No not to me, to a bank.

Kevin Russell found out it's not easy trying to cash a check from God. The 21-year-old man was arrested Monday after he tried to cash a check for $50,000 at the Chase Bank in Hobart that was signed "King Savior, King of Kings, Lord of Lords, Servant," Hobart police Detective Jeff White said.

Russell was charged with one count attempted check fraud and one count intimidation, both felonies, and one count resisting law enforcement, a misdemeanor. He could face prison time.

OK folks, the Spiritual laws of giving and receiving are real. They work every time. I can testify to that with first hand knowledge.

"Give, and it shall be given unto you; good measure, pressed down, and shaken together, and running over, shall men give into your bosom. For with the same measure that ye mete withal it shall be measured to you again." Luke 6:38.

But, I have never received a check by God. {Smile} If I did, before I cashed it, you better bet I would ask to see His ID.

Police were called to the bank after Russell tried to cash the check, which was written on an invalid Bank One check with no imprint, White said. Russell had several other checks with him that were signed the same way but made out in different dollar amounts, including one for $100,000.

Russell struggled with police as they tried to detain him, White said, and then threatened police as they transported him to the Hobart Police Department.

"I've heard about God giving out eternal life, but this is the first time I've heard of him giving out cash," White said.

Who did you REALLY think was going to buy this story Mr. Russell? Did the checks just fall out of the sky? Did you wake up one morning and find them next to your bed? Worse yet, did someone actually GIVE them to you and you thought they were real? What ever the answer to these question, I know one thing for sure. You ARE the Idiot of the Week.

By the way, your bond is only a thousand dollars. Why not make a phone call to God. If he will write you a check for one Hundred thousand, one thousand should be no big deal. Oh, and next time, try to cash it here instead of a bank.
Peter

Source,
AP-Man tries to cash $50K check from God

No comments: