Wednesday, December 27, 2006

First Muslim Elected, Encouraging Muslims To Do What?

Hey folks,

You know, I saw this news article from the Detroit Free Press yesterday, and I passed by it without much thought. Just the normal scanning through. I saw that the "first Muslim elected" to congress had some sort of rally in Dearborn. OK. Good for him.

I’ll admit my first thought when I read this article was "So? What’s the big deal about this. How many Congressman are Jews? Christians? Mormons? Whatever. Does it really matter?" So he wants to get sworn in using the Quran. Did you realize that you actually do not even HAVE to use ANYTHING? Just rise your hand and promise to uphold the Constitution.

But I found a couple of articles that I thought I may comment on today. However, for some reason this article stuck in my head. I had to find it again this morning and re-read it. Why is this bothering me? I couldn't figure it out at first. So, I re-read it yet again. OK. NOW I have a question. According to the article, Detroit Free Press - "1st Muslim congressman thrills crowd in Dearborn"

BY NIRAJ WARIKOOFREE PRESS STAFF WRITER
December 26, 2006

"Speaking in Dearborn late Sunday night, the first Muslim elected to Congress told a cheering crowd of Muslims they should remain steadfast in their faith and push for justice.


"You can't back down. You can't chicken out. You can't be afraid. You got to have faith in Allah, and you've got to stand up and be a real Muslim," Detroit native Keith Ellison said to loud applause.

Many in the crowd replied "Allahu akbar" -- God is great."

WAIT A SECOND! OK this is what got me thinking. He said, "You can't back down. You can't chicken out. You can't be afraid. You got to have faith in Allah, and you've got to stand up and be a real Muslim"

"Push for justice" For and from who?

"You can't back down." From who?

"You can't chicken out." From what?

"You can't be afraid." Of what?

"You got to have faith in Allah, and you've got to stand up and be a real Muslim" What is a REAL Muslim?

Then the article continues,

"But Ellison, speaking at the annual convention of the Muslim American Society and the Islamic Circle of North America, said that Muslims can help teach America about justice and equal protection."

Muslims can help teach America about justice?

"Muslims, you're up to bat right now," he said. "How do you know that you were not brought right here to this place to learn how to make this world better?"

Translation time. He said, God put you in America to make the world a better place. OK. How? What did he mean by that?

Now this is interesting also.

"Ellison, who converted to Islam during college, made his remarks at the Hyatt Regency, the site of the five-day convention."

So he was converted by? What was it that made him adopt Islam? What is a REAL Muslim?

I’m sorry folks, but I have a hard time buying the fact that his comments were solely about swearing in on the Quran. Before I read HIS words, I couldn’t have cared less about what faith he follows. But NOW?

OK let me break it down for you. We are in a WAR against Islamic Fascists that want us dead. They continue to attack and kill us. So when this guy stands up and says, "On Jan. 4, I will go swear an oath to uphold the Constitution of the United States. I'll place my hand on the Quran," people start to ask questions.


Let’s leave aside that this country was founded on Jewdaeo-Christian beliefs and the Bible. So when he originally made the statement that he would use the Quran, it offended some just on that bases. But My problem is with his own words. Not which book he wants to use.

When this was a big thing, I though it was much to do about nothing. I also thought that it was normal. If we were at war with Hitler, and a German wanted to get elected to Congress? How far do you think he would get? We are at war with Radicle Muslims. We have a Muslim that GOT elected to Congress. It is NORMAL for some to be a little apprehensive about that. But using HIS words, one has to wonder, just exactly what he truly meant.

Then you have the fact he converted to Islam in College. He was not born into it. He was introduced to it by? What was the message he was told? Was it the Radicle form we are fighting against? Has he come out and denounced the Islamic Fascists that are killing anyone non-Muslim? There are a lot of questions that need to be asked.
Peter

No comments: