Thursday, December 21, 2006

Bad News for "Little Hitler"

Hey folks,

This was just posted as I was posting the "Daily Article" here. I am out of time right now, but I wanted to let you know that this has become an interesting situation to watch unfold. According to,

AP- "Ahmadinejad opponents win elections"

Bad news for "Little Hitler."

"Opponents of Iran's ultra-conservative president won nationwide elections for local councils, final results confirmed Thursday, an embarrassing outcome for the hardline leader that could force him to change his anti-Western tone and focus more on problems at home.

Moderate conservatives critical of President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad won a majority of seats in last week's elections, followed by reformists who were suppressed by hard-liners two years ago. Analysts said the president's allies won less than 20 percent of local council seats across the country.

The vote was widely seen as a sign of public discontent with Ahmadinejad's stances, which have fueled fights with the West and led Iran closer to U.N. sanctions."

Is this a good thing? Like I said, I'm out of time. I need more time to analyze this. I’ll try to get back in later and give you my, always correct, assessment of the situation. {Smile} See you all later. Tomorrow morning without a doubt, if not sooner.
Peter

No comments: