Thursday, December 14, 2006

Balance Of Senate Vs Man's Life? Sick.

Hey folks,

OK, I’ve been under the weather for the last few days. I haven’t been my usual, ever vigilant, always watchful, all knowing {Smile} self. But I could not miss the big news. On every news outlet this morning, and pretty much all day, the big news was the possibility of the balance of power shifting back to the Republican in the Senate.

You have close to absolute glee by some on the Right. You have absolute PANIC by the LWL, and the mass media drones. Both sides are planing the what if. Am I the only one that finds this SICK? Seriously.

I understand strong feelings when it comes to Politics. I understand hard feeling by the Right. I understand the "joy" of the Left, and MMD. Did I vote the LWL in power? No. Truthfully, they scare me a bit. If they are allowed to simply be who they are, they would tear this country apart, your safety and security gone. War lost. The enemy enabled. I just pointed out this morning some examples of what you have to look forward to in the next two years. But folks, there are just some times when you have to throw politics out the window and all come together. The War SHOULD be, but it’s not. This most definitely should be.

While all this debate, including the ONLY link I am posting on this right now, is going on, a man’s life is on the line.

Democratic Sen. Tim Johnson suffered what some are speculating to be a stroke or some other life threatening bleeding from the brain. Someone sent me the recording of the phone interview he was giving when it happened. No I will not post it here. Although I found it interesting to hear it happen, I also found it to be disturbing. I do not know if Rush, Hannity, CNN, WABC, whatever, aired this recording yet, but I’m sure you can find it on the internet if you are really interested on listening to it.

So what was all the news about today? Was it about this fellow human being collapsing and coming to the point of death? Was it about how his family felt or was dealing with it? Was it a call to prayer for him and his family? No. It was about the balance of power in the Senate.

I'm sorry, but I truly find this sick. Politics are one thing, humanity is another.
Even tonight, I was checking for an update on Senator Johnson and found this article by the AP,

AP- "Sen. Johnson 'recovering' after surgery"

"Democratic Sen. Tim Johnson remained in critical condition but was described as recovering and holding his wife's hand Thursday after emergency overnight surgery to repair bleeding inside his brain."

According to the Doctors,

"The South Dakota lawmaker, 59, was on "an uncomplicated postoperative course," the U.S. Capitol physician said after visiting him Thursday afternoon. Johnson suffered a hemorrhage in his brain caused by a rare and sometimes fatal condition.

"He has been appropriately responsive to both word and touch. No further surgical intervention has been required," said the physician, Adm. John Eisold. He had said earlier, "The senator is recovering without complication."

Johnson was responding to the voice of his wife, Barbara, and following directions after the surgery, the senator's office said in a statement. "He was reaching for and holding her hand.""

I say thank God. I also hope and pray that he and his family have peace in this time of need. Right this second, I couldn’t care less who controls the Senate. It’s such a minute control it makes little difference. But He himself, is of insurmountable importance to his family. His wife, Barbara Johnson, said the family "is encouraged and optimistic." I hope they continue to be.

The thing that really makes me sick is that even after the frenzy all day, after the panic and glee, after all the planning, scheming and plotting, the AP couldn’t even just do an update? The very second paragraph of this very article says,

"His sudden illness had raised questions over whether the Democrats would hold their newly won slim control of the Senate."

That’s an understatement. {Sigh} Let me go on record right now, and say I DO truly wish Mr. Johnson a speedy and full recovery. I hope that his family will receive the peace they need at this time. Politics will take care of itself, and what will be, will be. Right now, can’t we all just come together in the name of humanity and wish the Senator well?
Peter

2 comments:

Unknown said...

You all be getting better now you hear.

Peter said...

Thank you VERY much Sam,


Believe me when I say we are trying. It has not been a real fun week. Joshua, my Wife, my Aunt, My Niece, Mother, and even a Neighbor. No we do not all live together. Actually, other than the three of us {Me, Wife, Son} and our Neighbor, we all live MILES apart We, other than my Niece, are finally just about better.

See you tomorrow.
Peter