Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Ernest Michel, For Those Who Doubt

Hey folks,

I will not be in the office today, Wednesdays December 20, 2006. I know, I know, I missed two days last week. But that was due to an illness running ramped throughout the family. No today is a better reason. A happy reason. It’s my Wedding Anniversary. Being the man I am, I have to go get something now, I didn’t do it before hand. {Smile}

BUT, for "Little Hitler" and anyone else that denies that the Holocaust happened. Why not ask this guy? Mr. Michel, and all others like him will disagree with you. You see, unlike YOU, he was there.

"When his father told Ernest Michel to learn calligraphy, the Jewish teenager never realized that it would later save his life.

But it was his ability to write that earned him a privileged position in the Auschwitz concentration camp -- filling out death certificates -- and later gave him a front-row seat as a reporter at the war crimes trial of Nazis in Nuremberg.

More than 60 years after the execution of many of those Nazi leaders, Michel, who now lives in New York, has forgotten how to speak his mother tongue.

But his memories of entering Nuremberg's Palace of Justice as a 22-year-old on a cold November morning are branded in his mind."

Read the whole story Reuters-"Auschwitz survivor recalls brush with top Nazi"

See you all tomorrow.
Peter

No comments: