Monday, April 14, 2008

Want To Know McCain, See Arnold

I know, touchy subject.

Hey folks,

I know this is a touchy subject for some of you. But this really needs to be said. Now to my Gay and Lesbian friends out there, don’t get suited up and draw your sword on me on this one. I’m really not talking about Gay Marriage here. What I want to point out is what we need to expect from McCain.

I know this is touchy, not because of the Gay Marriage thing, but I still want you to vote. I know that you are disenfranchised by this election already. I know you see no difference in McCain and the rest of the Liberals running. But McCain is starting to gain some ground. I just want you FULLY informed about who you vote for, before you vote.

Now I know that Sean Hannity is still clinging to hope, that McCain will stay true to his words. His words being this.

“I will keep Bush’s tax cuts and will make them permanent.”

“I will win the war in Iraq.”

“I will secure the boarders first, before {uh} McCain / Feingold takes effect.”

“I will appoint Supreme Court Justices like Roberts and Scalia.”

And many more things to this effect has McCain said to attempt to woo Conservatives. The sad thing is, all you have to do is look to his record. McCain Feingold, McCain Kennedy, McCain Lieberman, just to name the big ones.

McCain Feingold = Limits Free Speech
McCain Kennedy = Amnesty for Illegals
McCain Lieberman= Global Warming Bunk

But now McCain is singing a different tune. In all cases, except Global Warming that he has seemed to buy hook, line, and sinker. Who will be paying for all that garbage? Yup. YOU

But for those that think he is changing his colors, just look at Arnold. The Governator. Remember, he is a "Conservative." {OK} He got elected based on that. What he said. He got re-elected because the Liberals found out he was one of them. Just look at California. Seriously. He has promoted this Global Warming bunk more than any other Governor. He has raised taxes to pay for it. He has put unrealistic and unjust restrictions on both the citizens of California and the Auto Industry. He has backed Pro Choice, and NOW? Now he has done a complete one eighty.

According to the AP - Schwarzenegger shifts gay marriage stand

California Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger says that if an initiative to ban gay marriage qualifies for the November ballot, he's prepared to fight it.

California's governor spoke Friday in San Diego at the convention of the Log Cabin Republicans, the nation's largest gay Republican group.

He has previously vetoed bills that would have legalized gay marriage. A Schwarzenegger spokeswoman did not say what prompted the governor to shift his position.

Schwarzenegger said he was confident a ban would never pass in California and called the effort “a waste of time.”

So I just wanted to warn you folks. Do not think you can trust McCain’s new positions. You have to be ready to be disappointed. Just like MANY of people are with Arnold. Am I still going to Vote for McCain? At this point, YES. Why? Because I have to hope that he is a man with a conscience. This conscience may help to refrain him from going off the deep end. I KNOW neither Obama nor Clinton possess one. Their words and actions tell us that all they care about is power and control. I hope in that aspect McCain is different.

Do I agree with him on Global Warming? Nope. Amnesty? Nope. Hindrance of Free Speech? Nope. I bet you I will be calling him out on a great many topics in the future. But part of me, deep down inside, truly believes that he actually means well. That he will do stupid things that may or may not actually damage America in the process, but he will TRULY think it’s for the best. Not for himself as the others, but for the Country.

So I truly believe, right now, at this time, he IS the best person for the job. I can think of MANY more, better choice candidates, but we have what we have. Just do not think for one second that McCain is a Conservative. He’s far from it.
Peter

Sources:
AP - Schwarzenegger shifts gay marriage stand

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I often dream of opening a newspaper and seeing 2 headlines.
On the right is the headline:

CONSERVATIVES PASS THE FRICK ACT.
A bill that government can censure what is printed in the newspapers.

On the left is the headline:

LIBERALS PASS THE FRACK ACT.
A bill that government can regulate what the news is printed on.