Sunday, September 09, 2007


Behind The OPNTalk Screen 090907

Hey folks,

It’s time for another Behind the OPNTalk Screen segment. Some of the questions I will be answering here today, will take some time, so we will get right to them in a second. For those of you that are new here, this is a time when I give you a bit of an inside look at the goings on here at the OPN. New things, old things, changes, and yes, answering your questions. Questions that I get in various ways, here, via Email, opntalk@netscape.net, in person and by phone {By those of you that know how to do that} and attempt to keep you informed of what YOU are a VERY important part of. The OPN itself.

First up, changes coming. OK, I have been online and debating in various DBs {Discussion Boards}, blogs, and elsewhere, like News sites, for the past ten years. When I first started, I was married and working as a Hotel Manager for a major Hotel Brand. I was never home, when I was, for the most part, I was online.

My wife at the time was a Deputy Sheriff. Therefore she was never home. When she was, I was online. Needless to say, this didn’t work out all that well. We “grew apart” and divorced after 7 years of marriage.

I moved to Florida in 2000 and took a break form being online. Then I started up again, this being in my blood, and went back to it full force. Then I met my current Wife Laura. Then Joshua was born. Now I have a true family and I am VERY happy. I work a lot. She works the overnight shifts in the medical field. So when we have time to be together, especially together with Joshua, I treasure those moments. Joshua is now over two years old already. I have NO idea where that two years went. So time for change.

I will from this point on, starting next week, no longer be online AT ALL, on Saturdays. I will not be here at the OPN, at any DBs , checking emails, surfing, scanning news, NOTHING. It will be a cyberspace free day. Saturdays seem to be the one day a week that we, me and Laura, are actually together the most often. So this is the day I will focusing on her.

Ok, Q and A time. I love these.

“HEY Pete. Why do you sometimes post links and other times not?”

Really a simple answer to this. There is nothing to link to. When I comment on a news story, I post the links to that story. NYT, AP, Reuters, USAToday, whatever. But when I post an OPN original article, there is nothing to link to.

If you meant things like this, in Aftermath of a Great Speech,

Traitor and LWL member Nancy Pelosi said this.

"In an attempt to justify his stay-the-course strategy in Iraq, President Bush is offering false lessons from history. The American people have already judged the President's war in Iraq as the wrong war at the wrong time, and are ready for our troops to come home.”

“Whatever improvements in security that may have resulted from the efforts of our troops since the surge began, Iraqi leaders have not done the hard political work on which the future of their country depends. And therefore, the purpose of the surge -- to enable the Iraqis to produce political reconciliation -- has not been accomplished. That is the standard against which Congress and the American people will judge the White House report of September 15.”

“Instead of continuing to spend money and lives in Iraq, the American people want our nation to refocus its efforts against terrorism worldwide, especially in Afghanistan."

At the bottom of the article I told you the source.

Office of the Speaker of the House

But there is really nothing to link to. It was a press release. If you look at Sources on this article, you will see linkable and non-linkable. Hope that helps.

“Do you ever get discouraged when you see noone posting comments? Maybe you really are talking to yourself.”

I’m answering your question. Did you comment on the site? {Smile} Look, I’ve answered this question in so many different ways, so many different times, I’m running out of ways to answer it. But I will try it this way.

For whatever reason, many people do not want to comment publically. Sometimes they do. Could this indicate that no one is reading this? I guess it could. But then I get comments from Sam, Bill, DS, from time to time I’ll get special guests on. I searched out the OPNTalk, and my name a couple of times and found that I am all over the place. Like THIS, just as an example. Some people use my articles, Some link to them, some quote me, some call me names, ETC. So I KNOW I’m out there. I know people are reading. Do I know how many? Nope. No clue.

I wrote an article a little while back about how WE matter. Those that blog, post on discussion boards and just debate, converse, share, online. I pointed out WHY we matter. I have been told both publically and privately, how I have helped people. I encouraged them. I’m even been told that I, well, lets just say I have a most positive influence in decisions that they had to make. I am COMPLETELY humbled when I hear things like this.

It does matter what we do. It does matter HOW we do it. There are more people out there that are paying attention than you think. Just because people chose, for whatever reason, NOT to leave comments, doesn’t discourage me in the least.

“Do you advertise your site anywhere?”

Not really, I maybe should. I talk about it from time to time. Sometimes if I get into a discussion or want to post something that I posted here, elsewhere, and there is not enough space of all the links or content, I’ll link here. But I really don’t advertise. Maybe I should look into it.

“Why do you post the presidents radio thing?”

Because almost NO ONE actually hears it. The Media after the fact goes nuts from time to time on this or that point. They pick and chose what to report to you. I post it, in entirety, so that you can read it for yourself and make your own conclusions as to what you believe, agree with, or not. If time allows, I give you my thoughts on it. But that’s really it. YES! Even if it were a Democrat President, I would be doing the same.

And the Million Dollar Question this time around?

“Do you really believe what you say? Like when you call liberals nuts, and call for someone to be fired or quit. Do you really believe what you say?”

Yes. Or I would not say it. I do REALLY believe what I say. When I call the Liberals nuts, that’s because some have become nuts. Yes I really believe that. Yes, I really believe that someone should certify and make official, BDS {Bush Derangement Syndrome}. I truly believe that this is a real mental disorder.

I really believe that those in Congress, that are committing TREASON, should be thrown out. I truly believe that anyone that attempts to undermine our troops or use their live’s as political pawns should be removed. I truly believe they should be charged. I truly believe that “Little Hitler” is an eminent threat. I truly believe Iran cannot get nuclear weapons. I DO truly believe these and anything else I say here.

Like I said, whatever I say here, I own. Right, wrong, or indifferent. Of course I cannot be responsible for what others say here in the comment section, or something that I post in an article or quote by that person. What I Peter Carlock say here is all me. If you can prove me wrong, I will gladly apologize and correct my mistake. I have done so in the past.

I’m not putting on a show here. The Peter on the OPN, or anywhere else that I post is ME. Not a character, made up personality or persona. Of course I joke from time to time, or point out idiocies by acting idiotic.

Having said all that, I have to say this. Besides, if you disagree with me, you are just wrong. Because I AM your voice of simplicity in the complicated world in which we live. Your voice of reason and logic in the insanity that surrounds us, and your gateway to truth. {Smile}

That’s it this time around. Have a great Sunday, and remember, starting next week, No OPN on Saturdays. Be safe, be well, and see you soon.
Peter

No comments: